Is this a review of our future 2014/15? TXC/FE? 250

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by pahusky, Aug 15, 2013.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Dirt Rider June Issue...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Or did you mean a future with Lafferty on a Husqvarna ;)
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The first 5 line are what I like to see Husaberg builds 100 persent off road bikes no street legal
    hope it stays that way
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Uncle ....
  5. gasgas17 Husqvarna
    A Class

The street legal dirt bikes are what sells in a lot of places due to limited trail access and the need to connect trails via roadways. Our local dealer probably wont be one for long if they go that route. Those are the bikes that sell here. The 310 dual sport being the most popular bike in the line up.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK So go buy a KTM then They are the same just different colors Let husky do what Husky use to do Built Race Bikes and Win races
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts

The new england enduro flyers generally seem to call out what they will inspect for, sound, headlight, registeration watever. The ones over in Ohio basically say the rider is supposed to be legal and leave it at that. Maybe you are one of the guys entering enduros on dealer plates which the rules allow but I think isn't fair. Even for turkey run or dual sport ride chances are the trend will be up to the rider to comply with all rules for the road section. It remains to be seen how husqvarna is positioned, like you wish or going head on against the big four Japanese.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The plate is icing on the cake for many. There is a difference between a race bike with a plate and a DS bike. Many would love plate is for nothing else to hit some road between trails to make loops. Plated race bikes is what sold MANY huskys and KTMs int he past. I see nothing wrong with that. They do need to offer two versions though like the TXC and TE. Choices are good IMHO.
    Johnrg and rajobigguy like this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Is this a review of our future? The answer is no. The new 250 has dramatically changed from the one listed above. The first 5 lines of that article are no more. ;)
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I still bet the only street legal bikes will be the 350 and 500 as they are the only motors that KTM has homologated for EPA approval. There wont be a 250 or 300F street legal bike from the new Husky.
    rajobigguy likes this.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That's an excellent question, especially because the KTM 500 exc's engine is entirely different from the FE501. In order to make an FE501 emissions legal would drastically change the performance to levels closer to a 449, even if the SAS valve were added.