Is this real?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by SuamicoEXC, Apr 1, 2013.

1. SuamicoEXC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
  2. SuamicoEXC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Im assuming this is a april fools thing
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Husky's raced in the US last year, not sure why they couldn't race here this year...
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    not an AMA pro race.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i hope its true guess KTM plans to make the TC250 a lot faster... that homologation rule is BS i think Beta Gasgas Sherco TM & whoever else wants to race should be allowed to if you can buy it you can race it IMHO $50,000 fee per model ? why even offer the husky bucks if the bikes not legal spend the money @ the GNCC,H&H or the local stuff
  6. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    This rule sucks balls !!! Here in Oz I can not see anything on Motorcycling Australia's (governing body) website regarding anything like this stupid rule. There maybe something like it, I just may need to dig deeper.
    ray_ray likes this.
  7. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
  8. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i read somewhere that it was 50,000 per model guess its only 3000 think it was on here went to a pro race with his tc449 and was told sorry your bike not been homologated
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The way I understood it. It was a certain number that they must import to meet the homologated rules. I am not sure just what I have read. There is a minimum amount per model to meet the rule and be allowed. Anyone really know???????
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    KTM had to build 400 Dungey factory editions
  11. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    In my opinion the homogenization rule is the biggest killer of a fair competition

I still can't understand what interest it serves if you look at it with a motorsports heart and mind.

a sad example that shows that a few money counters are manipulating what they want you to see.

just thinking, where would the super bike or the moto GP be with a rule like that.

Robert-Jan
  12. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    GP is a prototype class, so it can't apply. SBK certainly has homoligation rules. From Wikipedia:

The new rules also changed the minimum number of bikes required to acquire homologation. For 2008 and 2009, all manufacturers, regardless of total production numbers, had to produce a minimum of 1,000 bikes to acquire homologation. From 2010 onwards, the minimum production number was increased to 3,000 bikes. In the past, smaller manufacturers were allowed to build as few as 150 bikes to meet the homologation requirements. Manufacturers took advantage of this by producing 'homologation specials'--highly tuned versions of their road bikes with performance parts designed especially for racing.
  13. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Homologation Specials have been some of the greatest performance bargains in the past. I L O V E this rule.
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yes it makes for some fast bikes but it stops a lot of'em from being raced like i said if you can buy it you should be allowed to race it.....
    R-J van Hulst likes this.
  15. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

3,000 per year and 400 bikes per model need to be imported into the USA year to meet homulgation requirements: http://amaproracing.cdn.racersites.com/assets/2013-SX-MX-HOMOLOGATION.pdf

I believe homulgation rules were intended to even the playing field for privateers who couldn't compete against one off 'works' bikes. The rules helped the big four, penalized small manufacturers and may or may not have helped privateers.

I believe these rules helped the big four in motocross because they could put their unobtanium budgets toward building bikes that they could import and sell n the USA - you could ride the same bike Jeremy rode in the Supercross race last weekend, more or less....

'Negatively' affecting the small bike manufacturers may have been an unintended consequence of the rules. Four hundred bikes isn't much for Y, S, H and K, and not a problem for KTM, but that is 1/3 of TM's total output for the year. I bet if you set up a TM for a top pro and put Y,S,H, K or KTM plastic on it, the pro might win on the bike.
  16. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

$3,000 per year fee (sorry that was not clear)
  17. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Nothing in the GCR's about homologation models as we take our technical rules from the FIM but the bike must have a VIN plate - scrutineer once pulled a bloke up with a frame missing it's VIN and gave the excuse "how do l know that isn't a prototype frame?" - definitely for road racing but l can't see this rule in the tech requirements for offroad?
  18. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

there is suppose d to be a sliding fee for the smaller mtgs/ last husky ama approved was the supermoto's, back in 2005 - 7s.... for mx would have to be 2002.