1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Is WR300 good for MX racing?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AC3, Jan 11, 2013.

1. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Yo Dudes,

Here in Cyprus I have joined the Motocross Association with the intention to partake in some amateur races. I will be in the novice class whereby I can ride any bike I like. I have a WR300 which I will use it for the hare scrambles.

There are about 9 MX races this year but what do you guys think? Would the WR300 be okay to race in this style of event. Ideally I would like a 2t MX bike but the only thing readily available around here are 4 strokes.

Advice and opinions welcomed. What events do you guys usually partake in on your WR300.

Thanks,
  2. Nailhead Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Yamaha YZ490
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I usually only trail ride mine, but I raced a motocross race with it back in September. It is truly a "do all" machine.
  4. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Mine worked ok and was fun on the open practice days at the local mx track I would recomend a second set of wheels with 19 rear rim with tires better suited for mx the tires I love for offroad are not that good for mx
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Ty Davis ran one in the 24 Hours at Glen Helen a few years back and finished 3rd, although he could easily have won it or finished 2nd. These races are a team effort obviously and I think there were two other riders at least on his team. Think a Honda, maybe a JCR entry finished first...450 CRF.

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2...0&tier=3&nid=C14BB24B7D7D418486205DC39514505B

OK, maybe 2nd....:)

So yes, they're MX capable.
  6. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 300 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
    Am interested, as I intend to do exactly the same on a WR250.
    steadydirt likes this.
  7. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had one and did some MX with it and it's more then capable without any major mods at the sportsmen level.
  8. woodzi Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a lot of fun riding my 300 on a motocross track. The forks are quite soft for motocross, but other than that, the bike was fine.
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    There is not a lot of difference between the CR and WR bikes. These bikes corner great, have great brakes and the gear ratios work well for the track. I like my WR better on the track than the KX250 it replaced.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  10. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Entering a few Club days on my 300 this year.. My boys want to have a crack at it on their JR80's and I cant wait to twist the throttle on the mine.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Everyone is always so concerned lol. Ride whatever you feel like. My old XR250 spent most all of its time on a MX track. Didn't ride off road much at all until I got a yz250f, go figure.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Same here. I had a 2006 KX250. It wasn't a very comfortable track bike and a miserable trail bike or desert bike. The WR is lots more fun on the track than my KX was, but also the best trail bike I have ever owned.:thumbsup:
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Bobby G (#928) won the GH 2010 World 2T Championship on a modified WR300(?) ... And defended that title in 2011 with a second place finish ...

[IMG]

Yep, its the rider twisting that throttle to a high degree on the results ... We have small MX tracks here and I'll have no problem racing my 08 WR250 there if I choose to ...
  14. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I was looking at them all summer, thinking of buying one for club MX and the ocassional hare scramble. I decided on a CR150 instead, thinking the 300 might be too much bike for me. Reading this, I'm thinking about it again. A lot :o
  15. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I just picked up a WR 300 two weeks ago and sold my 2011 KX450F, all I ride is moto. After the first ride I immediately had to go to .48 springs in the front (210lbs without gear) and just adjust clickers on the rear. First race yesterday, two holeshots and a 1-1 tally have me convinced I made the right choice. I still have some changes I want to make but I like being the one not drinking the orange Kool Aide or following the 4t sheep.
    MOTORHEAD, pvduke, AC3 and 3 others like this.