ISDE 2009 - Husqvarna Rental Service

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Husqvarna to provide Bike Rental Service at ISDE 2009

The 84th edition of the International Six Days Enduro will be held in Figueira da Foz, Portugal, from October 12th to 17th 2009.

Husqvarna Motorcycles and the official Portuguese distributor, Italian Job, have organised a bike rental and spare parts service to be offered to riders all over the world who want to take part in the ‘Enduro Olympics’.

The details of the service are as follows:

1- Husqvarna models available
    The models available are the following 4 Stroke and 2 Stroke models:
    2 Stroke: WR125, WR250, WR300
    4 Stroke: TE250, TE310, TE450, TE510

2 – General information for the motorcycle rental
    The price of the rental includes the transport from Italy to Portugal, internal transport to the race paddock, the preparation, registration and insurance.

The motorcycles will be available in the paddock a few days prior to the race start.

Rental cost:
    - 2 Stroke bike - rental fee only 1.600 Euro plus Taxes
    - 2 Stroke + Service Package rental 2.100 Euro plus Taxes
    - 4 Stroke bike - rental fee only 2.000 Euro plus Taxes
    - 4 Stroke + Service Package rental 2.500 Euro plus Taxes

3 – Service Package
    Husqvarna distributor Italian Job will offer the supply of spare parts and fuel from the paddock area and access to reserved areas at the check points where the riders will find:

- Personnel for the technical assistance
    - Supply of emergency spare parts
    - Fuel
    - Lubricants
    - Refreshment and Beverage

Important Note: Fuel, lubricants and spare parts will be charged according to consumption and are not included on the Service Package cost. For this reason, Italian Job will request a deposit of 500 euro.
    At the end of the event, the actual value of items used will be charged individually.

The riders will have the possibility to allocate small containers for spare gear etc. inside the assistance vans. The containers will have to be clearly marked with the riders name and race number. Any additional available services will be advised directly by Italian Job.

4 – Rental and services booking
    Customers wishing to take advantage of this service must in the first instance contact their local distributor who will act as the booking agent with Italian Job.

The number of motorcycles available is limited and bookings will be open until 15/09/2009.

Note from Husky Sport
    This is a slightly revised version of what we have issued to UK press and dealers today. For UK customers a booking form is available on the www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co.uk website, for other countries you'll need to speak to your distributor directly.

Dave
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is amazingly inexpensive pricing as opposed to shipping a bike from the USA.

Nice idea! :thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Basically 3 grand for a 2 stroke with support. not horrible. Are you charge if/when you destroy parts?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I think parts are extra.
  5. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Always thought of 2 races as being lifetime achievements. Racing Paris/Dakar and an ISDE.

My question is this: Do you have to compete in your home country for a spot on a club team etc. to be able to compete in the ISDE? Or can you go as an independent racer, obviously representing your home country?

I'm looking ahead to ISDE 2010, which will be in Mexico (Valle De Bravo). A round of the WEC will be held there on weekend of July 17th. I think I will be flying down to watch the race.

Mitch.
  6. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Mitch, good question I was thinking the same thing about the independent racer. I'll give Brian Garrahan a jingle and talk. He's been on USA ISDE Jr. and Trophy team for years.
    Jim.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Brian definitely can fill you in. I think he'll tell you, that other than Trophy Team, all US riders (Junior Trophy and Club) must go through the selection process and ride at least one of two ISDE Qualifiers as Letter Of Intent (LOI) riders. Top finishing LOI riders are selected for the appropriate Class. US Team usually gets between 30-40 rider slots, with 10 going to Trophy (6) and Junior Trophy (4), another 3 for Woman's World Cup and rest for Club Teams.

If you are a competent A rider, get familiar with the rules and format. File your LOI with the AMA, enter Idaho Qualifier and ride for your life. If you want two chances, plan on riding the Eastern Qualifier also. You may get selected and if you're below the cut.... some riders drop out and the AMA may call and tell you to start getting ready, you're in.

Once the AMA decided to recognize the FIM about 40 years ago, the day of the independent US ISDT/ISDE rider ended.