1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc IT LIVES!!,my wr300 is running again (and so is my knee)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, Nov 16, 2011.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

In june, on day 2 of the idaho city enduro, everything went to heck in a handbasket. my radiator had a leak, so i was putting in several cups of water at every check (which would last about 5 mins), the forks were spewing out oil all over the rotor, and to add insult to injury I tore my acl in the last special test of the weekend, and had to throttle back for the rest of that test and then ride fairly conservatively the last 40 miles to the finish. Got the ACL replaced in july, and by mid-august when I could start riding again, it was mountain season, plus I needed an easy bike to kick, so I left my husky dripping in the corner and rode my 200 all summer.

The bike has over 200 hrs (not sure how many over because 2 separate trailtech products have now gone tits-up in short order), and I had run it 25oz or so low on coolant for a few days in 2010, so I figured I should probably take a look at the cylinder and put in a new piston. I finally sent my radiator to mylers a couple weeks ago. the leak was about 1/2 way up the fins, so that was good, at least some liquid was staying in there.

Turned out the cylinder is in great shape, and everything came apart and went back together reasonably easily for the first time. It never ceases to amaze me when I take something apart and put it back together and it runs. Ran it through 1 heat cycle around the neighborhood. I still need to pull the clutch lever apart and clean and lube and maybe take the cable off and flush it out with lube, and change the tranny oil and the air filter, but after that it should be ready for a real ride, and to start on another couple hundred hours. woot woot.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I just got what I think is the new clutch cable for my wr 250. I lubed it generously with DRY SLIDE and it is near 1 finger pull with a Moose 2stroke replacement clutch lever. Only problem now is it dies when I put it in gear.....
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad to hear it Mark. :cheers:

Kelly