1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc It's hard to believe they were ever this clean (new 2008 CR125!)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dfeckel, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's in my posession, one spanking new, 2008 CR125. A few pics as the enduro-ization begins...

[IMG]
    Wheeling it around the driveway, it just feels lighter than air.

[IMG]
    Mmmm...smokey goodness.

[IMG]
    I was pleased to find this little Easter Egg when I picked it up.

[IMG]
    Acerbis Dimension halogen headlight

[IMG]
    Acerbis LED taillight and plate hanger

[IMG]

[IMG]
    A heat cycle around the back point-forty.

I'm loving it!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sweet!!! Yes, they do feel like they weight literally nothing. I almost threw mine over my bike stand today expecting more effort needed :lol:

I don't think your CR will run those lights will it? When you get a chance pop the ignition cover and send me a pic as I am sorting out lighting coils and flywheel weights for these little buggers. :thumbsup:

Enjoy. :cheers:
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I know where you got that! You're lucky too because I was on the phone with Scott and Chris literally hours after they committed that one to you and another to someone else. You lucky dog! :cheers:
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]
    Kelly, here's the cover off, but probably not anything you aren't already familiar with. The lights are simply mounted--not yet wired up. In speaking with Norman Foley, I gathered that the Moose Racing Lighting stator for the 1998-2006 KTM 125s could be configured to work without too much headache. I have that stator in my box of goodies from the pickup of the bike, along with the Moose Racing wiring harness. From looking at the stator in the box and the drawings of the stator in the Husky manual (I haven't pulled the flywheel, yet), it looks like I'll be removing the KTM coil from its mounting plate and then screwing it to the Husky mounting plate, and then figuring out which wires go where. Once I get to this, I'll post up lots of pictures and a how-to.

Moose says the coil puts out 50W, which should handle the 35/35W halogen headlight and the likely negligible LED taillight.

I can't wait to take it out for a real ride. I've got it all heat cycled, now, but it's a bit too noisy/smokey for me to really wick it up in the yard--stupid neighbors! Lots of fun blurping around my little loop, though.

Oh, and one odd finding--the ignition cover came with a hole in it!
    [IMG]
    Looks like a casting void. Hooray for warranty...
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Very cool! :thumbsup: The lights look good and nice bonus with the Ohlins! Friend just picked up a new '07 WR125 at Fox Powersports in NY. We need to have a Husky Tiddlerfest this year!:cheers:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks a lot for the pix. In 09 WR125 the flywheel fills the entire cavity. Much bigger. Once I have a few rides I am going to try different sizes and see what the effects of that are.

Kelly
  7. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Fox Powersports had a new '07 WR125!? I wish I knew.