1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st It's here !!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kevin_TE250, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got my Bike from Bill's in Salem Friday afternoon and got it put together today...

Runs pretty good... Had to futz with the air mixture screw and richen it to get it to idle.. Now next up is a kickstand (of some sort) ..

In the box at my Buddy's place
    [IMG]

rolled into his shop to put the front wheel on:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

My buddy toolin around on it.. pretty cold today...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

taking her home..

[IMG]

ready to enter her new home:
    [IMG]

The whole family
    [IMG]

Husky Girls hangin out :
    [IMG]

all in all pretty impressed at how this bike will lug around , especially with my big butt on it..

Thanks to Bill's Motorcycle in Salem for an excellent transaction and for a top notch job of packaging and shipping her out to me..:thumbsup:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Is that new in box or used?
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

I see she's droolin' a little spooge,......atta girl! :thumbsup:
  4. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

We just bought a bike from Bill yesterday, cool guy to talk to
    enthusiastic and seems real knowledgeable. He said we should have it by Friday or Monday your pictures got my kid all wound up.
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Seems a bit strange you show a box then a partially assembled bike with bark busters and skid plate. That would be a 2004 model, I bought a wr250 with that 100 year stuff on it. I might warn you to experiment coming down a hill and hitting a little hollow very carefully. Mine just about broke my wrists and the dealer had already twisted the adjusters as far as they would go to minimize that problem.

Fran
  6. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

What almost broke your wrist? The hand guards or the forks?
    His bike is used it has to be disassembled to fit in the crate.
  7. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, I saw pics on the other thrad. This bike is awesome. Just wondering if it has a leak in the carb boot or cracked reed valve or cage causing the idle issue. Wish I had that bike.

By the way, I'm guessing the guy he bought it from must have just gotten a new one in the crate and put this one in it for shipping.

Congrats! Great buy!
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
  9. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

it was a used one with really low hours... Bill had just pulled a new TXC out of the Box and put this one in it for shipping..

Really impressed with Bill and his operation as a whole...

Now I gotta figure out the diffrence between the Air ratio screw and the fuel screw.... This 2-stroke stuff is new to me:)
  10. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

It has two screws the one towards the front is the idle speed adj.
    screw its a tapered screw that adj. the slide height for idle speed.
    The screw at the back lower edge of the carb is the air screw. Out is leaner in is richer. The easiest way to tell if its a fuel or air screw is if its located before the float bowl {air filter side} its an air screw,
    and if its after the float bowl its a fuel screw {engine side}
  11. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

thank you very much !!! this place is awsome.. great source of info..:thumbsup: looks like it's an air screw near the air filter boot...
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

Great looking bike. :thumbsup: I will be down on Wednesday evening and we can do some adjusting. As has been said before the forks aren't very good and need a good massage from a trusted therapist.

Walt
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. :thumbsup: Soon you'll be looking for a 09-10 WR125 :D Thats what happened to me when I chanced on a 04 CR125.
  14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The forks. That may be why it still looks new. You could cut your loss and get a ktm or honda as lots of small two strokes were being dumped on the market at that time. I couldn't believe it they were running ads stating possibly the best woods weapon ever. Or something very similar. Eventually I found an A rider who bought one too and said you have to revalve. He didn't revalve his 1998 or hadn't part way through a season of racing it. At any rate I still have my 1998 wr125.
  15. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fran...K. Where did you purchase your 1998 WR 125? Did you purchase it new or used?
  16. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah... My wife will be thrilled with that.:lol:
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Hate to jump in on the other guy's thread but....
    I got it new from Jerry Randall the owner of Valley motorsports in Northhampton (not sure if that is one or two words) Ma. I thought I could buy a new bike and get promoted out of the c class but that didn't happen. The bantam class isn't a hard class to get a trophy in as there aren't a lot of them and the hot riders soon move on to B.

Here it is about five miles from the Ohio river about two weeks ago. I have a brand x tripple clamps with some 1999 husky forks and the origional wheel. Sure looks like the engine parts sheet is the same as the newer ones though some of the numbers have changed. I do believe mine has a slightly wider ratio transmission than the current wr.

[IMG]
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175

Great little bike Kev.:thumbsup: Hope you have tons of fun on her.
    All that you need now is some Disc and Rad Guards.

PM sent.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The rad guards will fit, but I don't think it will have the same size axles for the disc guards to fit but I could be wrong ask Kelly he will certainly have that answer. Kevin also has the old style TMX(yek) and the carb divider will not fit. Kevin if you aren't going to do a lot of high elevation riding the TMX will be ok, but if you spend much time around 7000' or more it will make you cuss.

Can't wait to see it up close,
    Walt
  20. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That bike looks like it has the original tires on it.

The 2004's hung around in warehouses for quite a while before they were all sold.

That is a great bike! get the forks redone and moto!

It is quite competitive even today.

Rich