1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st its that time again!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Nov 12, 2009.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

well i checked my compression on the 144 again today and its down to 150 psi. damnit, i love riding this bike but putting rings and pistons in there all the time is getting a little annoying.

gorr said it should be about 180 psi. last time i put a ring in it was down to 120, super turd. put a ring in and its a whole new motor again.

now ive only got 1 race left this year. i have a new piston, ring, gasket, and wrist pin bearing. i was really wanting to take it all apart this winter after the season was over and rebuild. what to do.....

last race is sunday so ive got plenty of time to do a top end its just i was wanting to have a fresh new motor for next spring. instead im thinking that its going to end up with a all new bottom end and a top end with 1 race on it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Run it like it is and start off fresh next year. Hey on the 144 how many hrs do you get before you need to freshen it up? Also what year is your bike and how much power would you say the 144 kit added? The reason I am asking is because I will be sending my 08 CR125 off this winter for the EG144 kit. Thanks, John
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

man when this thing is fresah it is great! the thing is it just doesnt seem to last for me. i put a new ring in it the last wened of july. it needed it badly then like i said. i had just rebuilt the entire topend this spring, the begining of may i think.

imm having fun on the bike just cannt seem to make the top ends last on it.

i honestly dont know how much power it added, ask derek(bluehusky), i bought the bike with the 144 already done.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Just pull the jug and throw a ring in it. It's just a ring and a base gasket. Or, ride it one more race the way it is.
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ride it like you stole it, RAZOR :D
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think thats why i break so much stuff on both bikes:notworthy:
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Razor,

When I was racing Husky 125's there for a few years, I was ringing it about once a month or about 50 hrs. I was getting an entire year out of a piston. Of course I was putting the new top end in for the next guy. That was over 30 years ago and materials and technology have improved leaps and bounds since then. I still think you are going to need to ring it about every 50 hours to keep it singing. Remember that Power valve isn't even opening until almost 8000 rpms and if you are making tracks then you have it in that 8000-10000+ most of the time. I would make sure you are using the very best in full synthetic oil too.

JMHO,
    Walt
  8. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

im using the same thing ive alway ran in my 2 strokes. maxima super M. when i took my 250 apart last winter the cylinder looked great save for where part of a reed ran through th motor.

cylinder still looks nice in the 144 just sems to eat rings. im not mxing the little guy just HS and enduros. it does get revv'ed hard for the 2 hours im racing though.

and yes i clean my air filters after every ride.

maybe i should switch to full syn next year i guess
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The key with the full synthetic(top of the line) is that you get identical long chain molecules that overlap and provide superior film strength and less wear. With the extreme rpm's that a 125 sees and only having the one ring anything you can do to reduce wear on that ring will help.

Walt
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good info Walt thanks for sharing.
  11. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Just ride the damn thing, Razor. It will hold up fine for Zwingle.

Jeez, I'm waiting for my rings to wear out, too tame my WR250.
  12. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

wish i could show you guys what a season of riding will make your piston look like. ill put the new on in it.

i cannt in good consance put this old one back in. the little bikes been good to me and never let me down. need to show it a little TLC.

so i can abuse the hell out of it sunday !
  13. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

well the husky won agian!

had a good day on it, great season, now its time to rebuild!
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So you won the race? If so CONGRATS!!!
  15. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

yep, finished 5 points away from 1st for the year in little C, should be 3rd or 4th overall for the year.
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Great job congrats.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Yea, we set the course up, just for a 144.
  19. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

lol, yeah thanks for that sweet line!

serously though, i had a blast!
  20. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't forget your 2nd place season points finish in the enduro series!!