James Stewart Undergoes Wrist Surgery, out for SFSX

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Fat Tire Flyer, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

James Stewart Undergoes Wrist Surgery, out for SFSX

Jan 30 2010 1:02AM

AMA SUPERCROSS CHAMPION JAMES STEWART
    UNDERWENT SURGERY TODAY, FRIDAY, JANUARY 29TH, 2010

LOS ANGELES, CA – Team San Manuel Yamaha’s James Stewart underwent surgery this afternoon, to repair a broken scaphoid in his right wrist. Following Round 3 of the 2010 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, in Anaheim, CA, Stewart continued to experience severe pain in the wrist. Although previous x-rays had not indicated there was a break, an MRI performed yesterday and reviewed by medical experts today, revealed the bone was broken. Surgery was performed immediately by orthopedic surgeon Dr. Arthur Ting, of Fremont, CA and was completed without incidence.

As a result of the surgery, Stewart will not be competing in San Francisco this weekend. His return to the race track will depend on how quickly he is able to recover post-surgery and will be evaluated and determined on a weekly basis. “James is a true champion. The fact that he rode as competitively as he did making the podium at Anaheim 2 with a broken wrist (unknowingly) is testimony to that. He’s anxious to heal and get back on the race track as soon as possible,” said Larry Brooks, Team Manager.
  2. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    What a Sally. In 2006 I won 2 local ATV Harescramble championships while racing with the same injury...
  3. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    And I almost forgot - GO DUNGEY!!! :D
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :bonk:

No need to insult people with injuries....

:cripple:
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Duney is a good kid and what the sport should be about... That being said... James Toyed with him at A1 and still won....
  6. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    True, but you have to be able to go all year. The lawn dart has trouble with that...
  7. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lawn dart :lol:
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501

YEAH!!! those primadonnas!!! sidelined by a little pain!!!

PS good on ya for that one!!!
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...lawn dart...he said lawn dart!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It's going to make this year real interesting. Go villapoto :thumbsup:
  11. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know what video you saw, but there was no "wrecking" involved. If you wanna be part of any MX or SX racing where riders can't even get next to one another or, GASP, maybe a good blockpass or two every once in awhile, that'd make for some pretty boring racing.
    And remember that "puss" Reed actually raced alot more than the "lawn dart" Stewart, by NOT "pussing out" of the outdoor season.

If one of them is gonna be out of the points race, I'd personally almost rather have BOTH of them out of it to make it more interesting battle between the rest of good riders instead of one of the above two running away with it.
  12. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go Dungey!
  13. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Too bad for the injury, but I'm glad the Stewart/Reed monopoly has been broken up...Last year was Boringcross.

Dungey, Villapoto...throw in Weimer, Morais, Stroupe and Pourcel in the coming years, and that will be fun...
  14. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That wrist injury is nothing to take lightly. It has ended careers before.

Kelly, the best thing you can do to help Villapoto out is to take the doughnuts away from him. :) That little tubby kid was a favorite of mine the last several years but seeing how he came back this year looking like he went from 18 yrs old to 34.......I'm a Dungey fan now!