Jason Thomas parts company with Fred Andrews Racing.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Apr 9, 2012.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Not sure what's up with this:

Clipped from Digital Offraod; Thomas stated that it had been an amicable separation, which had followed a long & productive association. He wished the F.A.R. team every success for the future, & thanked Fred Andrews & his family most sincerely for their incredible support over the past years.Thomas had no further comment to make at the time on the immediate future of his racing career.

I think his contract is with HVA-NA, so he should still be racing Husky, just not under the FAR tent.
  2. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    Strange, but there's always 3 sides to every story. There is a lot of young talent right now in gncc.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats racing.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Strange, I wonder what the good word is?
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Honestly, it's not breaking my heart, because I'm not much of a Thomas fan anyway.

Get Andrew back on track and I'll be happy.

Maybe he can pick up Mead or Edmisten for the XC1 class.
    East Longmeadow likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's business ...
  7. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Sad news but that's how it goes, maybe FAR could get Stew Baylor on board I don't think he's on a factory KTM support, a year or two from now Stew will be a hot commodity to have. Anyways good luck to Mr.Delong!
    Gotlabs likes this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So I see by this Zip Ty Racing in not the only Husky Team that has HUSKY racers leaving during the year
  9. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Maybe Norwood can move up from his support rider position. If JT is signed with HNA, Ill be curious to see what is going to unfold with him.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Interesting isn't it.
  11. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    :eek:..I ,for one,am without words and don't know what to say:excuseme: ...I hope what ever is going on for Mr. Thomas ,F.A.R. and Husqvarna ,it is to benefit all at some point.I spent some time shooting the shit with Jason at both opening rounds of the GNCC and he was a laid back person with the drive to put Husky on top...just can't figure this out .
    ..I'm in mourning.....
    Guscycle:(
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Seems weird to me also ... ESP if he is under some contract with HNA ... How can a guy his age just up and quit working? Myself, I never had that luxury at that age ...

Maybe he'll be on a TXC 310 somewhere this weekend ....
  13. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    .....?????I heard alot of trash talk from Stu's crew(him and a few fellow Ktm 'ites,hanger-on's and wanna be racers)..I don't want to reopen that can of worms...but if KTM let's him slide away,they are making a big mistake..can't see it happenin' ,but who knows.
    I second the good luck to Andrew!
  14. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ..I never understood going to the Mx'er...lighter,snappier ,yes...but what about the tranny,e-start a little heavier but save wear and tear on rider re-starting,quickly? Jason did mention that who would've liked to try the 310...I ran a small dealer based race team...I can't imagine the guidelines that manufacturers put on their race backed teams..lots of speculation...I only hope something good comes out of this...
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Gus, you are on the inside apparently ... I'm far from that ... But after a little thought, if JT is with HNA, then he is just subcontracted out to ride, I'd guess ... Could be totally out of his control for not riding with FAR any more ... When I was sub-contracted out to work (in a totally field of course) , I might could have been told not to show up for work the next day, by either party, but quitting was not really an option for me unless ~all wheels flew off the wagon and the wagon caught fire ...
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard it wasnt that mutual. He got fired.
  17. East Longmeadow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Gus, what exactly do you mean? Trash talk on Husky? Bummer if that's true.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    And now we have an official statement...

Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) Husqvarna and Jason Thomas Part Ways
    Corona, CA - April 11, 2012 - Fred Andrews of Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) announced that team racer Jason Thomas has chosen to leave the FAR Husqvarna team effective immediately. Citing personal reasons for his departure, Thomas plans to return home to England to be with his family.

"He was a guy that gave us his all," Andrews stated of Thomas. "He pushed hard through injuries and rode with a lot of heart. We enjoyed some really great results together over the years and we're sorry to see it end, but we're still looking forward to finishing out a strong season in National Enduro and GNCC with Andrew DeLong."

"It's obviously never a good thing to have a situation like this mid-season, but we respect the fact that Jason has to do what's best for him," commented Husqvarna Product and Racing Manager, Derek Sorenson. "We wish him well and will always be grateful for the great results he gave us."

The FAR Husqvarna team has plans to replace Thomas with another rider for the remainder of the 2012 National Enduro and GNCC series'. No decisions have been made at this point, but an announcement will be issued shortly.
  19. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    He has given Husky more success than most in the last couple of years. I wish him well and the best in his future. Fred was talking about an XC1 rider in the near future also, so this should make things interesting.............
  20. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Sounds like burnout and or family issues to me.