1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc JD Ignition for CR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dukepilot, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I see that FBF is selling the JD Ignition for 02-07 CR125 for $99 in their Ebay store. Normal price is around $399 on their website. I'm assuming that it comes with maps preloaded (choice of 2, MX, SX, or Enduro), but I could be wrong about that. For $99, it appears that it might be worth getting for my 04 CR125.

Anyone running one of these, is there a performance gain, downside? Is race fuel necessary, or will I blow up my engine on pump gas?
  2. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Did you ever get this jd ijnition? Im interested how it worked. My 04 cr125 I had before my 08 cr125 loved race fuel. Try it. DONT make your own blend and run 50/50 or 20/80 etc. Run it straight and drop the main jet.
  3. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    What brand/type of fuel do you recommend?

I did purchase the JD box. For $99 it seemed like a good deal. Haven't tried it yet.

Spoke to an Italian guy at FBF and he said that pump gas would be ok and that the unit defaults to map 2, which is loaded with their "best map" for MX. Didn't get the details as to the specific changes between this map and Map 1 or the stock map. The unit did not include any documentation or a handlebar switch. I'll run back to back comparisons between map 2 and the stock unit when I get a chance. Also have a PWK to install so I'll get the carb dialed in first, then do the comparison.
  4. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

I rode the factory Lamson cr 250 and it had a a switch on the bars for timing, I fliped it and couldnt seem to tell anything. Now that bike ripped. For race fuel I run vp-c12 now. have run vp red, 76 110 (now rocket fuel) sunoco 110. All work good.
    i run 28:1
  5. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    I know this thread is 4 years old, but im looking for a ferracci or jd ignition for an 04 cr125. If anyone has one or has a lead on one let me know. Ive emailed ferracci and am just gonna post this here too cant hurt.

I remember when they were on sale for 99 dollars i didnt have a husky at the time what an awesome deal that was though.