1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st JD Ignition

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Oct 29, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Has anyone had experience with the JD ignition? Any thoughts on the FBF maps or installing your own? I bought a complete setup from them for $115 and would like to have dual maps that actually make a difference for my 144. I can get their programming tool but if someone has already done the work for a bottom/mid map in conjunction with the loaded mid/top map then there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks,
    Walt
  2. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you installed it yet . If so what do you think about the curves . How much of a change is it from stock.
  3. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I'm going to try to install mine today, won't have time to ride it though. But holy crap the CR stator/flywheel is so much smaller than the WR. I also don't have an ignition switch yet.

Walt, how much is the software/cable?
    You must have been the one to snag that CR assembly from me with the Buy it Now.:busted: It's cool I'll let it slide this time haha. I found one cheaper anyways.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Surfer1100,

I haven't bought any of the CR ignitions out there. I had an expensive inspiration to create two seperate motors. One 144 and the other 167. Bill at Bill's Motorcycle plus made me a screaming deal on one of the CR engine assemblies shipped to my house. I had previously bought a set of zoke TC50's from the same CR part out program that Bill has going. I am going to use the JD ignition and CR motor for the 144. I think it can benefit more from a dual map and the light flywheel. The 167 is awsome and doesn't really need a lighter flywheel or the ability to switch curves from low/mid to mid/high on the fly.

The remote switch is $13 and they have it on their online store at fleabay. I haven't sprung for the programmer yet as I want to see what the current maps are like.
  5. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    That's funny, I had the same idea when I saw that engine on his site. Maybe one day, I do already have the pre 08 7 port cylinder, so:thinking:

On another note, what size puller for the WR assembly? Or any backyard engineering ideas? I was able to get the one off my CR 250 with a gear puller, but theres no room in the little 125.
  6. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I have the JD box for a CR250 that I'm going to bolt on the 300 whenever I source a stator. Been thinking about using the 2011 WR300 digital stator whenever they become available rather than the CR setup.

Will be interested in feedback on the JD boxes