1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc JD Jet kit for WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 2stroked, Oct 25, 2009.

1. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Has anybody put JD kit in there WR, i just put one in before i went on a 3900' + ride, the only change i did was put a leaner main, never seemed the have the power for the big hill climbs and it was to cold(and i was too lazy) to play with the needle.
    I normally ride at around sea level, i ridden down here with yet
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Which needle did you use and which slot? How far down did you go on the main?

Walt
  3. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I used the recomended jetting that was on the sheet, i think it was the 390 main and the 3rd position on the needle(red), i will be putting the 400 main back in for down here and then play with the needle
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

At anything above 3000' you will be well served by a 380 main. I would go to the blue needle and use it where recommended. The WR 250 does not like a lean needle. I found that the sea level position on the needle works well from 0 to pretty high altitudes. Now the TMX is the $hits at altitude to get to idle so if you are above 5000' you will need to go at least 2 sizes smaller on the pilot and it is still a TMX. If you are going to spend a lot of time above 5-6000' get a PWK, otherwise just a couple of small adjustments before you head out will keep you in the pink.

Walt
  5. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks, I ride mostly sea level to about 3000'
  6. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I've got the stock jets for 07 WR250. Not sure what JD gives you. I'm at 1000 MSL.

I have gone to a 30 pilot, the -61 needle clip in second from bottom in and 400 main for 35F-60F. Warmer weather I was running a 390 main and clip in the middle position. I was still a little rich and could have switched to the next size smaller main in both instances.

My bike seems to run crisp and have good response. I'm also impressed the fuel economy during races. But as mentioned, I still like to error on the rich side for the main.
  7. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I was running the same, but in the middle on the needle, in the winter i switch to 35 pilot.
    The JD kit gives you a rich and lean needle, i think they are just half a position out of each other, a needle jet, 32.5 pilot and few different mains.
    I'm assuming the main changes are the needle jet and the needles
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Have you completely sorted out the jetting with the JD kit yet? I would like to know how it worked out.

Thanks