JD Jetting- Power Surge 6X FI tuner for SM630

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by LawnDartMike, Oct 12, 2011.

1. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have seen all the threads about installing it on a TE and how they found more power, etc. I'm not really interested in more power. I just want the bike to run better without the surging between 3K-5K RPM that the bike currently has.

Has anyone been able to get their 630 to hold a steady throttle in lower gears without any surging? EFI was adjusted at the dealer and I would like to have the ability to adjust it myself. If the JD tuner won't do it then I might look at the PC V w/auto tune.
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine stopped doing that when I got the new EFI with the twin Arrows. I´m sure it´ll stop surging once the p/u kit (plug) has been installed.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm running the PU kit with the full LV exhaust. Also the dealer did adjust the EFI to compensate for the exhaust and PU. I think it is close but still maybe a bit lean. Just wondering if the more street oriented crowd that have installed the JD tuner are seeing any surging or were they able to get rid of it?
  4. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I didn´t have to ask to have the EFI re-tuned as I got a different one together with the twin Arrows.
  5. Redback Husqvarna
    B Class

Done the same thing to my bike, and it`s no surging at all, smooth power delivery through all gears. Did not install the DB killers, so the exhaust is a bit more "distinct" in sound...
  6. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I own a TE630 not an SMS630 but the Husqvarna SMS 630 and TE 630 engines are identical. The ECUs are quite different but both benefit tremendously from more air, fuel and exhaust flow. Add a JD fuel tuner and you'll be glad you did. Oh and you'll unfortunately have more power when adding fuel with the JD tuner :D. The 3K-5k surging will clear up for sure. The entire power delivery from idle to redline will improve.

BTW, the SMS630 has shorter 5th + 6th gears and some other obvious differences. For discussion purposes the engines are essentially the same less the "milder" ECU on the SMS.
  7. motoman Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Harley,14 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    I was wondering if you would share with me the price you paid for your Husqvarna Twin Arrow Exhaust System. I have a post asking this question but nothing yet as far as a answer.
    Thanks !
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can´t find the original invoice for the Arrows ... but t´was the list price as quoted in the Husky Special Parts list.Suppose it´d have been less expensive to have ordered direct from Arrow.
  9. shoolsema Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have the P/U mod, FMF powercore exhaust, air box opened up, Jd Tuner set at 3, 7, 6/7, 3/4, 5, 6. i tried other people's JD settings and all i got was crazy surging and hesitation at 4500rpm...worse than when the bike was stock. i tried every setting and made about 20 adjustments with the power surge. i can just barley notice the surging now. i actually can't feel it and i can only hear it with ear plugs out. but it is still there. not noticable enough to bug me.
  10. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

GET tuner, adjust, problem solved :)
    HuskyBrutha likes this.