Jd Vs Ibeat, 2011

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by kingmoochr, Aug 4, 2011.

1. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

So, given the multiple threads on the subject, from various points in time, is there an advantage to the JD unit over the iBeat to counter the fact that you can check factory sensors with the iBeat? Is the iBeat capable of tuning a smooth running bike regardless of modifications? Have people switched from an iBeat tune to a JD unit and generally been happier, and is it a result of ease of use or some other function that the iBeat is lacking?

I really like the idea of being able to completely monitor the bike, not just putting on a piggy back, but if the iBeat either can't do what I'm primarily asking of it well (tune for pipe and intake mods), or the JD does it much better, I'd probably rather go the JD route.
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Ibeat has limited ability to adjust fuelling (at 20%, 40% and 70% throttle openings only) so it can't really cater for a great range of intake/exhaust changes. It's a diagnostic tool with the ability to fine tune a standard bike.

Dave
  3. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

From what I've read about the JD, it is the same situation. Adjust "like a carb" which only has 3 options. The only addition is the "accelerator pump" mode. Can you fully map a JD with a laptop?
  4. scottyk Husqvarna
    B Class

Just installed the JD 6x on an 09 te250. Great little tuner for the $209 price tag. There are 6 modes that you can adjust. No mapping with laptop. Plug in and you can adjust on the fly and wait a few seconds and it will store that level. Made bike run 10 X's better. Would recommend, there customer service is excellent if you have questions.
  5. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

The JD tuner in my opinion works extremely well on a single cylinder engine. i currently use one on my te 630. IBeat dose not have the detailed full range fuel table parameters to be used as a full on "tuning device" like the Power commander which is great unit by all means, but i kinda think it would be difficult to even use its full potential on such a difficult engine to really pinpoint tune to begin with. a good question this brings up i would like to think is "what is bad or not working with a Tuner like the JD unit for single cylinder motor that back yard racers would ever have a problem with??" for 200$ it would be hard to argue anything :)
  6. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Use an iBeat for diagnostics and a JD tuner for added performance. Most EFI Huskys are lean from the factory. Opening the air box and or adding a new exhaust system requires more fuel. The JD tuner shines here for sure. Having a $206.00 price is the icing on the cake :).