1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc jetting and sprocket size?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dean_k, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dean_k Husqvarna

i have a 2003 wre 125 stock apart from a full system fmf exhaust, can anyone tell me if i need to change the jetting to gain full power from the exhaust,if so does anyone know what jets i should be using.

also can some one tell me what size are the standard sprockets as my bike tops out at 65mph?

cheers
  2. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

if you wanna go for top speed i suggest a smaller rear sprocket. but it will reduce your pickup power. I'd never go below size 47T though.
  3. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I have wre as well, everything is stock [apart from chinese radiators]. My speedo says I'm doing 75 flat out in 6th and I've got slightly upped gearing [think it was a 13 or a 14 tooth or the other way around] so your 65 mph isn't too bad! I was wondering about the jetting as well as I've never had any issues with the way the bike runs, guessing as it's jetted rich from the factory so they don't have lean seizures, all I can say is from what I know, you do need to upjet the carb to compensate for a racing exhaust like fmf hgs arrow etc, husky sport told me they see loads of race pipes just bolted on and the pistons heat up or have holes in them as the jetting is too lean. Plus he mentioned a slide in the carb that had to be changed to compensate. Hopefully someone here will be able to help! Plus... I know top end is a bit low, but these bikes aren't really built to hit max speed, more, how fast can we get to 50/60 and how many wheelies can we do before the rs' and mito's blast past us :D
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    If that is the case your for sure on the wrong roads :p

Robert-Jan
  5. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    unfortunately there aren't many off road tracks near here to use the bike properly otherwise I'd be on them every day. :{
  6. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Gaz have you thought about green laning? Its s good crack, I've yet to do it on my Husky but do loads of it in my disco
  7. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I've done some on the cagiva just on the woodland track behind a farm but not on the husky, id love to fit road legal nobblies and find a place you're actually allowed to go on, public byway I think they're called. Wre's are called dual purpose so I guess that means they can handle the terrain as well as a wr/ cr, you have many places near you for it?
  8. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Yes fella, you need to look for byways open to traffic if you go on your local council website you should find them all on there and also any that a shut ect. we have a good choice in Kent, but most of the good ones are miles from me