Jetting Help WR300

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by jaysktms, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is not my bike but will be working it. The TMX carb is on it. I have done many K on KTMs and GASSER. I am just looking for a starting point. I have boxes full of needles for the K carbs but nothing for the TMX. Is there a needle or needles that I can get for this bike or just get the JD kit and work it from there. This is a 2011 WR300. Just looking for input from the many years of yours experiences with this bike.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Get the JD kit. It has a richer needle jet, a rich needle, lean needle, the proper leaner pilot jet you will need once the richer needle jet is installed. The only things that you might need extra would be some bigger main jets, depending on what kind of RPMs the bike will be run at. Most people run the 420, but a few people run richer, up to a 440 or 450.
  3. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is what I was thinking after reading the site and the information. He has a big selection of mains and pilots, that was all he was changing. Lake you said a needle jet seems to be the issue a long with the needle. I will be getting the bike after this weekend (big race). I want to get the most information that I can get 1st. Also what i read was the intake might have a leak or sealing issue, will also take a look at that too.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, run some RTV on the reed intake maifold, just for insurance. I drilled six tiny holes in the drain plug wall, just above the threads, so that fuel can get to the main jet a little quicker too. Probably not of any concern to you if you race the bike, but I trail ride, so I bought a spring loaded idle screw to replace the locknut style one.
  5. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well order the JD kit and am now getting into the ring job. Oh what a week it is.