1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Jetting WR 300 in winter on ice.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

What do you guys think is a good jetting for the ice in the winter when the temp is going under zero? I,m picking up my new bike next week and want to prepare it for the winter here in sweden.
    Any suggestions is welcome!

Johnny
  2. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Johnny,
    I don't know how your Euro model will come jetted stock, but I can tell you this,...My US/CAN WR300 would've probably been pretty darn close to spot on for sub-freezing temps right outta the box, because as soon as the temps got up around 60* F around here last spring mine began to turn pig rich.

It had the (stock) 6BFY43-74 needle with the clip in the middle groove, a 35 pilot, and a 460 main. As soon as I got it broken in, and the ambient temperature became conducive to support human life, I had to start leaning out the pilot circuit and needle to prevent it from strangling on it's own spooge.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Now we have about 19 degrees F and in the summer around 60-80 degrees F, so maybe it´s about the same as you have. Thanks for the jetting specs!

Johnny
  4. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

if you're riding on ice, you should cover one of the radiators with cardboard. cold temperatures and high speeds don't mix, the enduro radiators will be too big, and even when you warmed up the engine before, the cold wind will cool it down. i once drove a wr300 at 0°c outside temperature at full speed in fifth gear (around 120 kph), the water temperature dropped from 60°c to 38°c within 1 km, and it seized.

r
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, thanks for the info! I did that on my Honda CR 250 last winter too, and it worked fine. Was out and checked the lake today and ice is abou 4 inches thick now, so it´s rideable soon!