1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by redbone, Dec 1, 2009.

1. redbone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you all change your jetting from the summer months to the winter months? If so what is the normal jump in jet sizes and clip postions?
  2. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Ive gone from a 32.5 pilot back to the stock 40 pilot its started to get fairly cold in the uk. im also the needle on the 2nd clip from the top and a 390 main.
  3. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    shouldnt matter ! i ran all my bikes in uk same as summer as winter and it got from minus 5 to 25 degrees so 30deg of a difference... same here in oz, winter morning is 8 degrees or there abouts and summer is 35 degrees... bike is same no matter what.. dont see the need to change jetting...maybe i am ignorant to whats what but unless its a race thing, dont see the need !
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

That's because minus 5 is not that cold and just about the limit of your jetting before problems can come up.

I will change jetting when it gets around freezing. Then even more below -10c, about 5 sizes. Lets say main is 140, then a go to 145.Same with idle jet. Clip goes down all the way. Even better is when the bike has a chart in the manual...all you need is to follow that as a base. I've not checked, maybe Husky as one? I know ktm has one.
  5. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    minus 5 celsius isnt cold ? you mad ?? lol... surely once engine is up to operating temp then it doesnt matter what temp it is (as long as not freezing fluids lol) .. isnt elevation more susceptible to jetting issues ?