Josh Hill to Kawasaki and Canadian MX...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, May 5, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Interesting.

Spy photos from the @monsterenergy Leading Edge Kawasaki team shoot today. Josh Hills mount for the day of testing. #mxcanada#prg

[IMG]
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  2. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He's an Oregon Kid right ?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  5. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    I miss the TV coverage of the Canadian mx series that aired on speed channel,two wheel tuesday!
    LandofMotards, jmetteer and trailboss like this.
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP

The RV2 express has reached its last stop.

I believe he is not going to be racing outdoors this year and will probably not race next year at all. There was supposed to be some sort of announcement today. Knee issues.

He posted this earlier.
    [IMG]

Really glad Hill will be up in canada, beating Alessi.

Later,
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the update!

That's life ... I say good deal if he quits ... If you look at this type racing, there is no real future ... Only a few reach any type of real money and even then, it is short lived. No retirement money, no real future jobs except a few tied directly into the sport, name value is about the best thing you have with sponsors and endorsements and that will play out quickly as the next Champs rise to the top.

These racing days can't be taken away from any of us ...Same as all the broken bones and pain and limping at age 50 ... Gotta add ~all my races were great stories ... Even if some of them end at the 1st corner.

--

Good luck Mr RV1 ... You lead the last 80 laps of your SX career ...We'll see when or if that even happens again.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Guess I'll have to start watching Canadian Youtube :)
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'd bet money he will be back for next years SX. The chance to break records will be hard to pass up. I saw several interviews this season where he seemed kinda done with all this but I bet he has one more year in him.

Disagree. As far as after SX/MX a lot of these guys continue to work in the industry so there is much opportunity for the future in the sport but not racing. You might not always see them but there are MANY out there. Announcing, running race teams, marketing, working for aftermarket companies, reps, trainers, racing trucks and cars, racing off road... lots of opportunity. Seems every parts unlimited rep I meat was a pro racer of some sort or another. Lots and lots of racers still in it, the list is endless. Hanna, Sun, Bayliss, Davis, Harding, Pastrana, Hart, MC, Ricky, Hart, Hughes, Brown, Bell, Lacky, Hoess, Emig, the whole metal mulisha thing, countless others that go on forever. There is even a few right here on the this site that were old time ISDE winners and work in the industry. It might not be real obvious but there are many ex pros working in this industry or related industries. You make a name for yourself and that has great value in the industry. Malcolm Smith, Payton, and DeCoster are probably the stand outs but there are hundreds of other lessor name people working in the industry all over.
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I agree. I think his Kawi contract alone is worth 1-2 million a year. Add on top of that a million bonus for a championship, plus 100k per race win and he's looking at 3-4 million just in Kawi money. Boot, helmet and other sponsors probably add up to another mil easy. I could work a job I absolutely hated for a year if I got paid that money.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think most of us would lol.
  12. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Alessi and Grant wont be having cake walk while racing CMRC. Colton Facciotti is healthy, un injured and off the KTM and on a Honda now. Should make for some great racing this year!
    steadydirt likes this.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Small continent... He's riding Metcalfes' bike who is riding RV2 bike ... I'm hoping both these Kawis' bring it ... Unless that Husky rider shows up ...

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/brett-metcalfe-tapped-as-villopotos-replacement.42056/

--

That ' there is no real future' remark, is probably too hard a line to draw .. Any rider that has shown he's not an a$$ while at work during his riding yrs, should have the inside track on work in the industry.
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  15. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Is that how you get discounts on parts? :lol: