just a local ride, wet San Diego single track

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Oct 11, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    y'all know me by now or our crew we dont snap many fotos and rarely post viddy. So just a quick report.
    Well it RAINED in San Diego county, soooo it was a prime very bad vision day, on wednesday I started having vision problems as the rain cells moved in from the north, by Wed night I just couldnt see at all.....just couldnt see coming into work on thurs!!
    5 riders age range 39-65 all well rounded B-A (vetAA) level including our trail boss for the day.
    SanDHusky(Mitch) Beta 300RR----SanDBeta now.
    LR Beta300RR
    Tim KTM250XC-F
    John KTM200XC
    Rob TXC310R
    ride was in our local playground and was amazing, deep rain soaked dirt, partly cloudy, very cool, enduro jacket cool!! It was stupid good!! And following a very patient (read: our fast= his cruise mode) trail boss over some obstacles that probably we would not have tried without adult supervision is always great.

As for the Husky report portion, the TXC310R is as the kids say siiiick! My only ergo issue is that the bike is as we know is "125/250F" size small and I'm oversize on it, when I swapped out onto the Beta300rr it was more "open" and I physically fit better.

Beta test-again PS I like the Beta when its in the turn laid over and it transitions like its on rails, its great enduro bike set up, very stable yet flickable.100rpm no stall and lock the rear brake with no clutch play the thing seems to never stall, great enduro bike trait for splitting bushes and trees, and riding up some weird section where stalling can be a biatch. My ride style on the Beta was to ride Euro style, low wheel spin, low energy in the "soft" part of the power range, and keep corner speed up, the bike worked well like this. And when you wannna rip into high power it has all that as well.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. thanks. Love this time of year and the ride conditions.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    "y'all know me by now or our crew we dont snap many fotos and rarely post viddy"

if we did we would be completely outclassed by the landscapes that alot of the cafe crew(especially the PNW crew) posted here.
    Motosportz there was no way I could miss this day...I missed that last storm round we had at the end of Aug.....and for me this was first wet day since last winter....so stoked on the cool temps again.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :cry: I miss that place.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    redo sun morn. hope moisture stays around til then!!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    add to thread may need to go with a tech thread. Rode on last sunday and never felt good on the bike no front confidence, figured because we had rain day on thurs and by sunday was drying and loose. So yesterday while prepping for todays sickness I checked sag..... well my collars had backed way off and my sag was like 55mm static race sag was like 115mm. so i reset to 35mm and 100mm (@) and today even with loose sandy stuff the bike is back to being a scalpel....check and recheck your sag!!! I remarked my collars with black sharpie and this thime I added a blob of 3 bond to lock the collars in place. zero movement today!!
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    You must be getting our moisture...

We put in 93 miles yesterday in a variety of conditions from snow to dust! It was awesome.

A hint of dust here...
    [IMG]
    Snow less than a mile later...
    [IMG]

Later,
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695