just a sunday afternoon (part one)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by R-J van Hulst, Jan 20, 2013.

1. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    5 Km out of town having a flat rear tire DSC00042.JPG

simple nail did it but having already fun on the bike the complete valve was ripped out of the tube yes we do have tubes as a standard spare part with us
    IMG_0403.JPG

oeps :excuseme: that water is camouflaged very well
    IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

4 picture limit

see next thread

Robert-Jan
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Gotta watch those sink holes ... Over here we have caraboa and they must have water to cool off ... So there are caraboa swimming holes all over the place to watch for on each ride ...

Do you have rim locks on your bike? I've never ripped a valve stem with one on my bike ...

We have vulcanizers (24 hrs service for many) all over the place here and fixing a ripped out stem is easy for these guys to fix ...
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool pics thanks for sharing them.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I only have a rim lock on my front wheel.

you do need them here as the tires are cheap and the valve are easily ripped out

on the rear i don't have one but it appears not an issue

this particular case is that the nail made it flat and i did find out when it was flat (the in between time I was still giving it) and that would done the damage to the tube

yet again a inner tube is $6 so not a bank breaker just inconvenient if you don't have a spare one on you

Robert-Jan
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I carry tubes on the tours here but normally with the rim locks and the IRC VE-33 \ 35 tires, I have always made it out to a vulcanizer ...Its a soft compound tire but holds up OK on flats to some degree ...

Some of my bikes have the HD tubes and most have the slime stuff in there for sealing some holes ... Some of those HD inner tubes are just too heavy for me so I use the intermediate sized ones ... Not sure how much they really help me here as I deal in nails usually and they will go through any tube ... I'd choose the slime over the HD tubes if I had to make a choice ...