1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Just bought a 2013 250 WR.... Now what?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnny105, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR250 (Sold), 14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM 50sx (daughters), 14 RMZ450
    Ok. Just got home with it. It's so pretty sitting in the garage, afraid to get it dirty. Any pointers before I break this thing in?
  2. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI
  3. Guy Lozito Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Suzuki RM 125's
    Tighten the VFORCE cage bolts. Coat the underside of fenders with some silicon spray and get ready to have some fun.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Put Honda paper gaskets on the both sides of the reed block.
    marcmo0 and Glenn haynes like this.
  5. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    everything above!
  6. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys! What does everyone recommend on jetting and premix ratio? I am at 4600ft here but ride up in the mountains around 8000ft sometimes.
  7. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CR250R gaskets fit?
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    yes on the gaskets.

Jetting I ended up with;
    Fuel=VP110
    Oil=Ammsoil Interceptor @ 40:1
    Needle= GAY needle in middle
    Pilot= 32.5
    Main jet= 420
    Air screw @ 1 turn

This was at very similar altitude. Also for some reason when I was running the stock pipe it wanted a leaner/smaller main jet but when I went to the Gnarly pipe the 420 main was perfect. Also I absolutely could not run pump fuel on my WR250 without going bigger on the pilot and it still wanted to detonate so I got completely away from the 93 pump gas. My cranking compression stock is 205 psi. Your results may vary but if you want to try the GAY needle then PM me, I'm running a Lectron and don't plan on switching back.

I did get the stock needle to work pretty good but I had to split the difference with a 1/2 step washer on the needle and then go richer or leaner on the main or pilot depending on which way I moved the needle a 1/2 step. (I hope that makes sense the way I wrote it)
  9. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    the stock clutch cable sucks and will cause a lot of draggggggg . get a motion pro terminator clutch cable.
  10. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I noticed that today. Thinking about buying a Rekluse exp for this thing. Anyone have one of those?
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The exp uses way stiffer springs than stock you don't want to go with it. I run the Rekluse pro with 6 tungsten balls at their recommended spring rates. Super easy clutch pull and hooks up sweet!
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I've read a lot about the hard clutch pull and creep but I have never experienced this. I bought the motion pro cable and really didn't notice any difference. Before and after I could work the clutch with one finger and get complete disengagement. Maybe it's because my hands are big or maybe the WRs vary from bike to bike. It's not as light as a 125 clutch or as easy and silky as the hydraulic clutch on my Beta trials bike but for a 250 with a cable it seems normal.
    Schrup likes this.
  13. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    The clutch pull on my bike has always been much lighter than my old KX250 and also lighter than my friends YZ250. I did have a lot of problems with clutch drag with the stock cable. The clutch works perfectly now with a Terminator cable.
  14. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I found that with the terminator it drug less and had a buttery smooth pull. but I still ran out of adjustment at the center cable adjuster and on the perch. I read somewhere that Ajax run a terminator that is 3 inched shorter maybe that's the ticket.
  15. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I use one and they are great,clutch pull is not that much harder and you end up using it less,so it's no big deal.
  16. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    This has been my experience, clutch has never been an issue. I'm still trying to figure out my next purchase & I'm leaning toward a GPS. After that will come protection stuff like skid plate & bark busters. I was in wet clay yesterday (Capital Forest) & didn't have any trouble, bike is fantastic. Maybe me & Doug got lucky.

I would recommend removing or at least tying up your kickstand, mine broke off first ride.
    lankydoug likes this.
  17. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    For a cheap GPS I use an APP on my Iphone called Everytrail. There is a free version you can try and another that is a little better for under $10. I'm not much of a tech when it comes to computer software but it works good enough for me to track my trip on a satellite map. If it works good enough for you you could spend more on your bike. :cheers:
  18. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    A nice trail computor is very low on my priority list. I tywrap an old garmin etrex to the handlebars. It does about everything except compute fuel milage and lap times.
  19. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I'm too cheap for a data plan.

I looked at some used etrex on ebay for under $50, any models I should avoid? For that price I could also get some bark busters.
  20. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Have a read up on Lectron carbs if you don't get on with the standard. I had hot starting problems and am by no means a jetting wizard so bit the bullet and bought a lectron, now my bike is a dream. I do hare scrambles and find it helped with low down grunt and levels off the power valve 'hit' so you feel more confident on steep hills.
    trailboss and lankydoug like this.