1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Just bought an 11' WR300 (have Q's)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 080, Oct 17, 2011.

1. 080 Guest

- First off I took it out to the desert for an hour or so to break in the motor. Didn't think about it before but I'm already not liking the 2-piece radiator louvers as it only took a small branch off a bush to go between the two and break the piece thats holds them together. Do they make anything that would wrap around the front to stop this from happening?
    - I have always ran 32:1 on previous 250's but the dealer said 50:1. I noticed its kind of a toss on here between that and 40:1??
    - Where can I find a good service manual with torqe specs etc, theres not much in the one they gave me (travel drive)?
    - The dealer hasn't put the lighting package on yet because there demo bike has been having problems. He said there is an issue between the Ducati ignition not wanting to work well with running the lights. He said their demo bike has been great up until a dual sport ride where he had the lights burning for a while then his bike started running rough. There checking into it but has anybody else had issues??
    All in all I think this bike will suite me well. The suspenders all though stiff at the moment seem to handle well. The power is right where I was hoping it would be "kinda 250-ish with more torqe. Ergo's feel good etc........Can't wait to get it out this weekend and put it through the paces.
  2. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I run a 6" piece of heavy duty duct tape up the leading edge of the shrouds folded around front and back,usually doubled up. I use black tape.Might not look real pretty but I don't break them any more.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I just bought an 08 and the PO had trimmed off a few inches from the front edge of the red upper shrouds to prevent them from snagging stuff.
  4. 080 Guest

Thanks for the replys. I'll probably go with the duct tape idea for now, its cheap.
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Why not go to an auto detailing shop and get clear 3M adhesive? Like rock guard they put on the hoods of cars? Or a sign shop and get some clear vinyl? It'll look much better and it will be close to free.
  6. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey i was reading up and noticed the comment on the Wr having problems when running the light kit, i just took my 2010 WR250 to put the light kit on, is it possible i will have this sort of problem? has anybody heard anything?
  7. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    I've had no issues with my 11. I wonder if the dealer was just too lazy to install it?
    MR54L likes this.
  8. Javier Perez Husqvarna
    B Class

well thats a load off, thanks man. I was about to run out to the shop to tell them to not install jajaja
  9. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Your 2010 would have the standard ignition. Even if there was a problem with the Ducati ignition on the 11 you would be safe........no worries just ride :thumbsup:
    MR54L likes this.
  10. 080 Guest

Not at all, he's been riding the wr 300 for a couple months with no issues. He just said he went on a night ride where he was burning the lights for a while and toward the end of the ride the bike started running rough. He said they traced it back to the ignition causing the problem and was checking with Husqvarna last I talked with him. He said they would install the lights on my bike as soon as they have answer. Just wondering if there were any "known" issues. It could just be the ignition on his was bad, it happpens.
  11. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Interesting......Please keep me posted. As stated mine has been fine for 800 miles.....
  12. 080 Guest

Will the newer one piece radiator scoops for the 4strks fit the 11' wr300?
    Andy butler likes this.
  13. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I used some black gorilla tape on mine this weekend, wish I had done it before they got all torn up.
    The black gorilla tape is very strong, and it doesn't look that bad, it has a carbon fiber look to it.
  14. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

Do you have any pics what the gorilla tape job looks like?
  15. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Found this pic online, the one i used was only about an inch wide.[IMG]
  16. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    That's exactly what I use.
  17. 080 Guest

I'm guessing the newer plastics won't fit the 2strks?
  18. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

Does anyone have a picture of how they taped it on their bikes? Thanks
  19. 080 Guest

Starting to get a little frustrated with Husky now. Its been 3 weeks since I purchased the bike and the dealer is not getting any direction from them on the ignition/lighting issue. I've been doing a google search for a customer service number and cant find one, anyone know it? I was hoping I could call and talk to someone about the situation, maybe light a little fire, I don't know.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You are waiting on a dealer to install a lighting kit and they are hesitant because their demo bike is having trouble with the same lighting kit, right? Where are you located and maybe someone can recommend a solution.