1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Just bought my first husky

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vandal9455, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Vandal9455 Husqvarna
    C Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys Im new to husky cafe and was hoping you could help me out. I just bought my first husky the other day its a 92 360 wxc the bikes in good shape and runs well other then the bottom end bogs slightly and the mid doesnt run smoothly. The bike has a fmf pipe and silencer with a 38 mm keihin with a 55 idle jet and 165 main. Im running at around 2200 ft on premium mixed 32:1. Im not sure if the jetting is right so I was hoping you guys could help me out with that and any other helpful advice thanks.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Kudos on the new ride and welcome to CH.

The fact that you are running a 55 pilot and you are getting "bog" makes me wonder....

You should be super rich with a 55 and be running about a 45 pilot. So, where to go from here? Also, it would be nice to know what needle's in there. Dependent on the needle profile, the 165 main might be spot on.

If you think everything is working well mechanically, then I'd try a 45 pilot, air screw at 2 turns and go to 50:1 on the premix. If it gets better great, it really wasn't a bog. If it gets worse, then there's more to your problem than just jetting. Start looking for a bad air leak.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rich will cause a "bog" or lack of power as well. I would try a 42 or 45 pilot, 175 main and needle in the middle to start. While you have the carb off check the read cage for leaks and the reeds for condition.
  4. Vandal9455 Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks ill try a 45 pilot and let you guys know how it goes
  5. Vandal9455 Husqvarna
    C Class

So i changed the pilot to a 45 and it made things alot better. its not perfect yet but its really close as I was able to do power wheelies in 4th gear