1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Just in case you are not tired of hearing it, I will say it again...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jsleeper, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

the WR125 is an almost indescribable riding experience! I just cannot believe it, no matter how many times I hop on the little bike.

This last time around I had not rode the bike in about 4-5 weeks, because my TC250 has been getting the honors. My wife, who gave birth to our second daughter about 6 weeks ago is itching to ride again, so I thought I better take the WR125 for a spin to make sure it is ready to go for her.

I just cannot believe how much fun I have on this bike. Half the time I was hooting and hollering in my helmet as I pin the throttle on the straights, and flick the bike from the outside of a corner to the inside, or seemingly "bunny hop" the bike over obstacles.

Sure the bike still has its quirks. It revs a bit slow, but that is solved by keeping it revved up. Sure as the temperatures dropped from warm to chilly as the sun began to set the bike started to show a bit of a hesitation in the mid-range. Sure, I have to shift more, and concentrate on engine speed when exiting corners in order to get maximum drive.

But who cares about all this. As far as having fun, feeling connected to a bike, and really riding fast in a variety of terrain the WR125 is just amazing. And our WR125 is all stock, except for some jetting and PV link arm adjustments. No suspension tuning. No carb swab. No big bore. It has 71 hours on a stock piston with 1 new ring at 60 or so hours, 1 set of tires, and a fork seal replacement. Stock chain, stock gears, and a bit of cosmetic damage. Other than replacing scratched plastics and peeling decals I cannot find anything that needs to be replaced. What modern dirt bike can match that besides an entry level 4T from the big four meant for cruising the trails with family? And, I truly flog this bike when I ride it. I kick it over with my hand (not really, but I could, haha) hop on it, and pin it from corner to corner. My wife hops on it, and puts around for hours at a time. In both cases the WR125 seems perfectly happy and suited for the task.

Out of all my current bikes, the WR125 is the only one I see keeping forever. I probably will sell the TC250 at some point as I have all my past dirt bikes, but not the WR125. No way. I wonder if I can talk my wife into buying another WR125 to store so we can have a mint condition example to ride in 25 years.

JS
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    :lol: I love your enthusiasm! Congrats on the baby girl! I'll bet your older daughter is loving being a big sister :) And you're such a dedicated husband to take the WR out and ride it, just to make sure it's ready for your wife. That's what it's all about...sacrificing for our loved ones :D

And I agree with you: if I hadn't ridden yours I never would have believed the hype. I'm loving mine right now and am looking forward to riding it this weekend :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  3. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I just bought a wr250 and I feel the same very connected , its a blast and it has some quriks but thet all do , just came off a four stroke be cause I missed the 2t,s , never tried a wr125 but would like to . Happy trails
    grif6000 likes this.
  4. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have to agree...i've got 4 of them! '06, '08, '09, '10.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    First time I read this, I thought you were making sure it was ready for your new born daughter. :lol:
  6. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had shoulder surgery and decided to “step down” from my KX250 to the WR144. It was depressing to think I was on the age induced down hill displacement slide. But after getting the bike I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Every time I ride it amazes me how easy it is and how much more fun it is. I can’t wait for my son to outgrow his KX85 so I can get another WR125 in the garage!
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seriously, why would a grown man ride a girls bike. It's just ridiculous. :D
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Change the rear sprocket to a 52 tooth .then if you want it to rev faster change to the CR fly wheel Then if you want even more snap change to a 19 inch wheel and a non o ring chain You would not beleive the differents between the Cr and the WR
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hear you bro I just can't bring myself to sell my 08 Husky CR125. I've been riding it again and it's a total blast! BTW congrats to you and the wife on your new addition and I'm not talking about bikes.
  10. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Yes it is nice to giggle inside the helmet, isn't it? I am totally stock on my 2010 and believe in everything you printed. P.S. My daughters, 3 of them, all ride bikes. My 14 year old rides mine when I'm not on it. (very seldom) She is on a cloud for hours after her ventures. She will be getting mine next season and hopefully I'll get the 2011 150.:cheers:
  11. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Now all they gotta do is find a way to make them green sticker so we can ride year round.
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Middle Creek and Stonyford in the Mendocino NF have no red sticker restrictions :thumbsup:

BayAreaChick
  13. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would have modified this bike by now, including the things you say, but technically it is my wife's bike. She does not want me touching it.

JS
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 19" wheel and non Oring will not do anything for snap. A broken in / warmed up Xring (or Oring) chain has no measureable difference in drag. The Xring chain requires very little breakin or warmup. The 19" wheel is used on MX bikes for a bit more stability on hard pack. Not noticeable anywhere else. Not quite enough sidewall for cushion on roots and rocks which makes it a bit more suseptible to flats. The CR ignition might make a noticeable diffence but will probably hurt it on technical offroad situations. Save your money for something that really works.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I rode my 125 yesterday on the same rocky hills that saw my YZ125 bouncing all over the place and the WR just ploughed on straight and true - very stable
    and as for hills the motor ( with a PWK ) can now just chug up those snotty rutted hills
    as for snap - if you do go for an advanced igintion you may gain snap but I believe you lose some of the top end over rev