Karoos+Snow=NO!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by XLEnduroMan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    A friend and I went for a ride today, the 2nd for his new 2010 TE 450. I thought it would be nice to get up to some high lakes here before they are snowed out for the winter. All I can say is don't do it on Karoo's! He took off both his mirrors (folding ones even, but they werent folded down?) on the first slide and fall and ruined the black plastic license plate dangler later on. Busted and split. Electrical tape comes in handy to secure floppy turn signals. The wack the tire on a tree to get the front end straight enough to ride was needed. He was OK. I felt bad seeing his new 450 getting the hard break in. Lower elevations next ride, or untill the darn Karoo's come off. Why does Husky put the darn Karoo's on the TE's? Why not Metezler UniCross instead?

Attached Files:

2. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    Damn! Not good!
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Yeah, the Karoos are terrible, even when it's dry. You drop into a turn on pavement and you can feel that huge gap in the tread. And it's not a pleasant feeling at all. I yanked them right off my 310 and put some bridgestones on. That UniCross looks good, though.