1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Kayaba Fork Internals

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JRod4928, Sep 2, 2013.

1. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    Are they interchangable with Yamaha fork internals? Basically, can you take the valves, stanchion, damping rod etc from a YZ and throw it in the Husky kayaba forks?
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, you can use Yamaha parts. If you go to the www.kybgp.com site and down load the KYB catalog you can cross reference the Yamaha and Husky parts.
  3. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    I will look into that - but I don't think it'll answer my question.

From my reserach, the 2010+ Husky CR125'S and 2005 YZ's have AOSS KYB forks. the 2006+ YZ's have SSS KYB forks.

I would expect 2005 YZ internals to be interchangable (which can be verified by cross-referencing) because they're AOSS, but 2006+ SSS fork internals may not be interchangable with the Husky AOSS forks.

I suppose the better question is can I install SSS internal fork components into the AOSS tubes?
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You're going to have to educate me on these differences in these forks. I have seen very little difference that I can remember.
  5. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    fitment wise - I don't know how they're different. That's what I want to know too. I'm hoping the axle bolt diameter, offset between the axle mount and the centerline of the fork tube is the same, and the brake caliper mount is the same angle and bolt spacing. If all of those are the same, then the swap should be as simple as unbolting/rebolting the forks. If they're different, than I'm going to have to get creative.

Internally, they're different because the Husky forks are AOSS, and the 06+ YZ forks are SSS. Both closed chamber, but SSS is speed sensitive and AOSS is position sensitive. I've ridden both, and the SSS is much more plush.
  6. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    I doubt that KYB would make forks that have interchangable internals (for sales purposes). But We'll see. Maybe I can get away with using the upper tube and internals from the YZ, and using the lower tube and axle/caliper mounts from the Husky.
  7. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    Just spoke with a KYB rep - they said the internals cannot be interchanged. I thought this would happen.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The only thing that is really different about these forks are the spring perches, springs and that stupid position sensitive think in the bottom of the AOSS fork.

The Husky's don't use that position sensitive tube think on the bottom, so they are most like the SSS.
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Just a comment, you keep saying "2010+ Huskies" but that doesn't apply to all models. I think it applies to CR, TXC, and TC bikes? Those have the TC forks.

I believe that the TE, and I know that the WR 250/300s, still have the OC KYB forks.
    msmith345 likes this.
  10. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    you're right. When I say 2010+, I mean 2010+ CR125's. I can't confirm for the other bikes.