KDUB & Anaheim 2 -- 2013

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    [IMG]

Okay, maybe it was only the timing that was a surprise. GEICO Honda's Kevin Windham had been considering pulling the plug on his racing for a while, but decided that Anaheim 2 was the place to do it. It's been a hell of a career.
    bigjon likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats one freaking great person right there.
    dave lindsey likes this.
  3. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Is he still doing his local school fund raiser bash in the pasture this summer?
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I almost cried a little when I heard of his retirement. What a great rider and person. The last of an era. No one else out there even comes close.
    TemecuCoastie and bigjon like this.
  5. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Great respect for him -- what a career.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Why do you think he waited a few rounds into the new season? He's done starting immediately right? Sorry, the only part I've been able to watch so far is the 250
  7. GOLIATH526 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Class act right there, fan favorite. One of the greats. Best of luck in the future K-Dub!
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    He was hoping he could get back in the groove and he said he could not find a comfort zone to compete the way he wanted. I think if he had kept at it, he would have gotten there, but you have to quit sometime and he still has his health, money and the fans still love him, so go enjoy life.
    The hardest part will be giving up the love from the fans.
    dartyppyt and dave lindsey like this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    He can just do what everyone else does. Start a team and everyone goes to the pits to see him and not his racers lol. I wonder how all of this worked with the sponsors that are already invested.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure but what a great idea ...

Surprise and shock to me also ... He signed the bill of my Taskys Husqvarna hat once in Seattle WA .... No cracks about the brand for sure....

I can understand that .. He was hanging with js7, quad jumps and all 2 yrs back at LV in the last race of the SX season till js7 crashed in the whoops and into Kdubs line ... That one really sucked ... He may just not have had the same drive to push towards the top after all this time and that is 100% understandable ... He seemed to lay it on the line last yr when he had the bad crashes and he is not a crasher 4 sure ...

__

I think it was the #800 who crashed him last last yr ... He explained how he was crashed in such a graceful\elegant manner and in such a way that a layman like myself could understand AND at the same time say, that is the way the #800 races and we all know it ...

It will be interesting to see what he does now ... Maybe he keeps in the public side of things .. Maybe he moves into GNCC of some other type of racing? That would really be cool ... He's from the south ... Just a state line between my home state and his .. HomeBoy #2 4 me ....
  11. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Yeah, I have always wondered how Mx racers could walk away in the middle of the season leaving sponsors hanging. If it was Nascar or F1 there would be another driver put in the seat immediately. When I raced for Hooters I was paid quarterly and I was expected to fulfill my end.
    As popular as KW is, would have been nice to see a farewell tour, but I get it, when you no longer feel comfortable putting your life on the line, it is time to step away.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    The people's champion.
  13. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650