1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc keep asking for help,now power valve install?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dylandog, May 22, 2012.

1. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    im going to ask,even though i hardly get ant response,but when puting my clutch case outer on and the pv actuater unit,with the spring on....does the arm sit in the gap between the washers or does it sit ontop,i didnt see when i took it off n manual useless for this job,just waiting for parts ive done all water pump bearing seals oring striped ready to be reinstalled,just dont want to waste gaskets by pulling it apart cause pv not right.thanks
  2. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Send a pic of what you are talking about so i can be sure to answer it correctly.I believe you are talking about the pv governer that has the spring you refrenced. If this is the case it would go between the washers. This way it can pull the pv closed when rpm's drop.
  3. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    thanks,its the governer yes,thats what i thought,it fitted inbetween the washers perfectly so i guessed thats where it went,its been quite a simple job so far,i feel great doing it myself and its only cost 20 quid in parts,i havnt altered the pv settings at all just popped the plastic arm off so i hope it will just go back together and work as it did before.thanks for reply, im a novice at mechanics except basic maintanance so im always after advice,cheers
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  5. 1987transam Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250 ,te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda superhawk 996
    GetAttachment11.jpg Hi here is a pic of the arm hope it helps
  6. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Forgot to mention that you should spin engine by hand as you put the case on.This helps align the gears.
  7. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    thanks guys,ive got it sorted as far as putting it all together,and im getting more practise now as it still leaks into gearoil,i think i may have put spacer in wrong way round,which way should the oring go?against the impeller or down the end of the shaft against case,also could that spacer be worn out?thanks again