Keeping up with the Jones's.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by XLEnduroMan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Well not the Jones's really, but CH's own Mr. and Mrs. Woodschick. They spent Thanksgiving riding the dirt, and we did to, but on a much smaller scale.

This Thanksgiving Becky and I gasses up the '08 TE's and packed some ham sandwiches and hit the road. We had about 10 miles of pavement and then about 15 miles of dirt then we got to the stop. I think it was the base of an old radio transmission tower.

PB220007.JPG
    Becky sitting at the dinner table.

PB220003.JPG Me.

PB220001.JPG
    No turkey, but some ham sandwiches and some delicious sticky buns. Becky was thinking and even brought a table cloth.

PB220005.JPG
    The '08 310 and 510 that got us there. The weather was good, the dirt was great. The only bummer of the day was that Becky's clutch/slave o-ring gave out as she was pulling to a stop right there. Thankfully it happened there. After we ate and hung out for awhile we coasted to the pavement just down the hill and bypassed the 15 miles of nice dirt we just rode. I rode her 310 back home as I have done the no clutch ride before. There were some stop lights to deal with in town but luckily I breezed right through them. One little hicup, but it still was a good Thanksgiving.
    bigjon and WoodsChick like this.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Fine way to spend the holiday! :thumbsup: Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it! Looks like you two had some pretty sweet weather, too!
    Something about eating a meal on the trail...it just tastes better than it does when anywhere else, no matter what's on the menu.
    Love the tablecloth :D