1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Keihin Air Stryker

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wxc300, Feb 11, 2012.

1. wxc300 Husqvarna
    B Class

I just switched today i have a 2011 wr250 and the carb has the JD jetting 175 main 45 pilot and I installed the red needle center clip position and air screw one turn out to start at. Im 700 feet above sea level. I started the bike and rode for about 20 seconds its 23 degrees here today, to cold for me. Anybody have any suggestions.
  2. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Move to a warmer place! :lol:
    bax3 likes this.
  3. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    Wait til it warms up?:excuseme:
  4. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    How did the bike start and run? Hard to determine any needed jetting changes with only 20 seconds of run time. If you dont plan on riding until the weather warms up then just like wdsracer said, wait to see how it runs then and change accordingly. Take the spark plug out and look at it once you get a little run time on the new carb. The color tells a lot and never lies! I was going to mess with my jetting but the bike runs great and the plug was a nice tan color. Its been running right around freezing here but I will probably have to change the jetting when the weather warms up. If it aint broke dont fix it. Your going to love that carb!
  5. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Ha ha !..... I just did the same thing !...... Put a keihin on the wr250 (Thanks Motorsportz!!) ....started it up (2 kicks cold !!!....With the TMX carb I'd probably STILL be kicking it !) buzzed it around for a few min. and thought heck with this it's to damn cold !!..... Impatiently waiting for warmer days......
  6. wxc300 Husqvarna
    B Class

I will try later this week when its 40 to 50 degress. I ride year around between 40 and 90 degrees in Ky. I would like to find a compromise that will work. I was just looking for others jetting to get a starting place for 700 feet B.S.L. This is my first husqvarna and I like everything about the bike but the carb problems that the mikuni has.
  7. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll bet your jetting is pretty close with what you have. Especially in the cold.
  8. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I agree that what the carb came jetted with should be pretty close. Like I said the color of the plug will tell you a lot. I would give you my specs but Im on a WB165. Your going to LOVE the Keihin!
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    got the same on my WR300 but dropped to a 42 pilot, bike starts in 1 to 3 kicks now , warm or subzero !!! same .... would still be kicking with the POS mikuni !! also installed a stelthy flywheel weight and doubled up on the cylinder base gaskets, what a great woods bike !!! smooth predictable power and Plenty of it !!!
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cold? That's not cold! We were iceracing last weekend at -16 degrees Celsius. I think you're close on your jetting, but i would start with a 180 main. Maybe a little bit out on the airscrew.

Johnny
    giantjoe likes this.
  11. wxc300 Husqvarna
    B Class

I started the bike two days in a row around 30 degrees first kick. I may lower the clip in the needle one position to second from bottom giving the bike some more fuel, and see how it runs and then do the plug check. Its supposed to be about 45 degrees Wednesday. I can tell it probally needs a 42 pilot when it warms up a little more.