1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc keihin pwm 38mm

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andre berntsen, Aug 21, 2013.

1. andre berntsen Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    aprilia rs 125, ktm excf 250-350
    so i'm no mechanic, but have the chance tochange out my delortor 28 mm carb for a keihin pwm 38mm will this fit and is it a good choice?
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Could you tell us more about your bike that you would install it on? Model, year, modifications?
  3. andre berntsen Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah sorry, it's a 2004 husky sms 125cc the only mods are FmF exhaust and carbon reeds i think, i have to change the carb either way as the one i have has a big crack so gas is pouring out!
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    From what I see, a PWM is a race only carb, the PWK is more popular and better for tuning all around. You will find lots of PWK setup advice around here......38 sounds a bit big for a true 125....Also check the that it will fit as the PWMs are shorter.

That said, if it fell into your lap then its probably better than a leaky delorto....
  5. andre berntsen Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well i'm getting it for about 180 dollars, which is like a third of what it normally costs, the wr is stock with 38 mm so i don't see the problem there also changing to the 144 in a while (when i get some money), do you think the lenght is an issue? i have to drive 3-4 hours to get it so it'll be kinda a bummer if it doesn't fit.
    what's the difference between a race and a normal carb?

really sorry for this trouble and my bad english, but you've been real helpful and i'm thankfull for that!
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is about as much help as I can provide. I would get a length measurement from the seller and make sure it will fit in your bike. Motosportz jmetteer and wallybean are guys who you might want to PM as they know a lot about what works on the 2 strokes.

Where are you located? $180 is a lot of money US for a used carb.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Also, to PM here go to Inbox at the top, open it and select Start a New Conversation....then you can enter those names to send them all a message.