1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st kickstand rubber band

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, May 31, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

after breaking numerous springs on my 02 300exc kickstand, i got in the habit of using the little rubber gizmos on the ktm's all the time.

riding with a buddy (on a new ktm 300xc), he noticed that i seem to catch my foot on the husky stand and drag it part way down when i'm riding. so i put my thinking cap on when i got home, and finally came up with something that seems to help.

i cut an old tube up and cut some cross sectional strips from it. fairly thin, about 3/8" or 1/2" at most works best. basically makes a big cheap rubber band. i thought about removing the subframe so i could put it around the subframe and slide it up, but i had just had the subframe off to put the new carb on and didn't feel like doing it again, so i just threaded it through between the airbox and the subframe, right about at the bottom of the number plate, and poked one end through itself so i had a little loop leftover. this fits neatly around the kickstand when it's up, and keeps it from rattling around, and seems to keep my foot from successfully catching it and dragging it partway down. cheap. easy.

hopefully this description is semi-clear. i should take a pic but we're going out to watch the hockey game with friends, so i have to get in the shower and get dressed. :cheers:
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    On my '02 WR125 I bought the KTM kickstand strap and drilled a hole in the side panel back side brace. It worked perfectly.
  3. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I've used appropriate sized o-rings and tie strapped them to the sub-frame. They work fine and are amazingly stretchy and tough.
  4. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

On my Husky WR250 I use a old bicycle toe strap with an end button.. It works great.. :thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used an old oring. Great thread:thumbsup:
    I guess after having a KTM, i'm used to the rubber strap :doh:
  6. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

they have velcro straps like that too, I use one on my bike when I hold the kick start away from my work area.
    Lighter & no metal parts
  7. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a ex CH race bike that had this set up on it. It is just a head light strap with a little spacer pop-riveted into the kickstand. Worked great.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
  8. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have motosapiens strap type also and works great. Easy and cheap. (if you have a an old Heavy Duty tube laying around). I have plenty of stock. One tube will make many rubber bands.

Also, a black zip tie will work nicely around the looped end to keep tension applied.
  9. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    :thumbsup:I usually take a piece out of an old tube (which is incapable of holding air) and either slide it over the subframe when I have it off or just loop it back through itself and put the other end over the end of the kickstand in the retracted position.It's about as cheap as it gets and I've never had the kickstand come down on me in the worst/best of whoop sections and easy to pull over the end of the kickstand.