1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Kickstart lever

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Bart, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    my kickstart lever failed today, it's locked in close position even though I kept it regularly greased.
    So is there an after-market upgrade lever, something that's a bit more ergonomic, lighter and more durable? Perhaps a switch over from a other make?
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think there is any other kicker for the 250/300 bikes. The position of the kicker is so weird, they have to put a big bend in the lever to clear the pipe, and make it a very strange shape compared to kickers on virtually every other bike. I think you're stuck with the stocker. Maybe peel away the rubber boot and get some penetrating oil in there to loosen it all up?
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I'd give it a shot with soaking it real good with some WD 40... That stuff is pretty good at freeing frozen parts up...
  4. kiethy Husqvarna
    B Class

Take off circlip on bottom, knock pin out then lever will come off. You will find a ball bearing jumps out and the spring behind it is worn/plugged ect. You can take out ball bearing and it all works again but swings in and out. I'm going to try a spring to get it to return as that ball bearing system keeps locking when it all get worn enough.
  5. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310. 05 510. 04 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    i had the same problem. i dismantled and filed off some damage around the indentation where the bearing sits. works fine now
  6. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well it's been a while, did all the things posted above, before posting this topic.
    Anyway I got it sorted, it was actually worn in to deep therefore the ball didn't engage anymore.
    I welded up the hole, made a new one (not that deep of course), and placed some shims to take up the slack/play in the lever.
    It's functioning better then it ever has!

First I thought the cast steel (iron?) wouldn't be weldeable but it did the trick (TIG, with steel rod).
    Long_Stroke likes this.
  7. Oldmanshred Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kaw KX250F, Yam YZ250, Suz GS500E
    I took mine apart, cleaned and greased it but with the first flick of the lever the ball actually comes out or it just locks up. How do you get the ball to stay in place? It doesn't appear to be attached in any way. I am contemplating taking the ball out and just using an old inner tube piece to hold it in. Third world class I know. I'm open to help.
  8. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's probably worn out. Perhaps a picture?
    Should be repairable as I did mine.