1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Kickstart shaft.......

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Parfo79, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    Is there a certain way you have to put the kickstart shaft back in? (CR125) When I put it in then the idler gear and try and turn the kickstart, it all works as it should but then try it a few more times the 2 gears are still touching slightly when i release the kickstart.
  2. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    still having problems with this guys. Thought I got it sorted, put the motor back in and now the kickstart gear isnt doing anything. When I try and kick the bike the kickstart just goes down and back again without engaging.I take it the kickstart gear isnt moving up the shaft as it should.
  3. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    Looking at the parts diagram.....the clamp ( 8000 67016) that goes around the shaft.....if this has worn and is too loose would that cause the kickstart not to work?
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    you will have to inspect the mechanism, the clamp that you speak of applies friction to the kick start cog to stop it readily spinning but not enough friction to lock the cog just enough so the easy option is for it to slide along the throw out gear.
    if this friction is not enough due to worn out clamp or some other binding in the throw out mechanism then the gear will not move outward and engage the idler gear to turn the engine.
    hope this helps don't have a parts manual to refer from.
  5. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    Thanks mate, I was hoping it was that. It has been puzzling me for ages.