1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc KNN air filter for my WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Mr_X, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi, is it advisable to use KNN air filter on my WR125?
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Are you asking about a pleated paper filter? That is what I think of for KN never heard of Knn.

Fran
  3. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not advised for use in wet conditions. OK for street and desert. I suggest Uni, Twinair or similar filters.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

K&N are not pleated paper. They are made from surgurical gauze with special oil coating. They flow more air than most foam filters but will also pass water easily into your engine. Some think dirt can also under some circumstances.
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Not quite sure what I am looking at in the picture but I suppose the original question involves not only the filter but the air box as well. I can't add too much at this point. I had/have kn filter on British twin bike which the original air box was no longer there. Much better than the velocity stacks it had on it when I got it. Off highway equipment like ag tractors or bulldozers have that pleated gauze type of filter but in a well designed ductwork. Years ago they had an oil bath the air bubbled through and then some filter the oil got wet. I have heard that was stopped primarily because folks poured the dirty oil on the ground but don't know.
  7. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

thanks for the advise. guess i'd stick to the conventional foam air filter instead of this.
  8. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I run K&N filters on my dirt modified. We see alot of dirt and dust over a 20 lap race. And I never had a engine failure using these filters on a 500 hp small block. I do run a outer wear over it and that helps as well. I wounldn't scrap it. I just don't know how the work in wet weather. Come to think of it I also used them when I race quads.