1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc ktm 200 pipe on stock husky 150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by iridebikes, May 6, 2013.

1. iridebikes Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr150
    Has anyone tried the "modified" ktm 200 pipe on their stock 144/150,,if so how was it? What year,brand ktm pipe is used and how exactly is it modified to fit the husky?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I wouldn't recommend it. I can sell you one but I would be doing you a disservice. The 200 Fatty pipe will cost you more top than gain you bottom/mid. Also the pipe will not be efficient for the 144 volume of gasses/signal. I still think the 125 Fatty pipe is the best for bottom/mid for the 144 unless you can find a Doma.
    john01 likes this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep what he said.
  4. iridebikes Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr150
    I need mid and top,, have you tried a scavillini?
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now from what I've read and my son was told that pipe makes huge mid top power! I'm trying to talk my friend into getting one for his 125 so I can see how it feels.
    wallybean likes this.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I was recommended the stock 125-150 pipe or the ktm 200 pipe since I'm at 167cc.
    I'm running stock and I have gobs of low and mid but little top. It is very smooth without a hard hit.
    I am itching to get the scalvini, sexy it is.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Is that some time of Italian dish ?

I love top end and for a 144 a 125 fatty gives more mid and plenty of top , I actually didnt think it was better right off the bottom
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I swapped back for a short while to a 125cc (FBF ported cilinder) on the 165 fatty KTM pipe

the build up to mid was nice and promising but the top was killed completely

never went into perfecting all the parameters so there could be made some improvement probably but at that time the goal for me was to get me rolling on the bike instead of waiting and not riding.

I know in Holland they offer prepped 144 cc HGS pipes (have to ask for IT)

these pipes have in general a reputation of not robing power in the bottom but adding considerably in the mid and top

Robert-Jan
    Fredrik likes this.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think you will always struggle to get top end out of your motor. It is lacking bottom end compression and overall piston kit weight is fighting you. You can get more with pipe timing but it will never be a ripper up top and you will at some point sacrifice bottom. I would see if you can get the scalvini for the KTM 200 and adapt it to fit.
    sabortooth likes this.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Walt - one of the questions asked was what is done to the pipe to make it fit - can you advise - is it both ends and fixing points ?
    Its a lot of work and better to buy one that you have got specially supplied Id imagine .
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You have to change both the spigot at the head and the stinger. Then you will need to remove the existing mounting plates and re-mount them.