KTM 350 freeride 24hp / 218 pound playbike...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If it comes with a license plate, it could be a great campground bike to run to the store - instead of a toad (towed) behind the rv.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    quasi trials moderate trail bike right? kinda like the gas gas pampera, only more modern. A way to get a more trails like machine to pass by E cross and extreme enduro regulations????
  4. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    As with all things KTM, I'm sure it will be over-priced.
    shawbagga likes this.
  6. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    The composite steel-aluminum frame is unique. Looks really fun on single track. KTM is being very innovative.
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

If they make it as light as they claim and it's E-start and has a lower seat height and it's priced reasonable, Honda can quit selling their CRF230s as this bike could eat most of their sales. It looks to be everything Honda should have been doing with the 230 for the last 10 years, but didn't.......
    Personally, I don't believe they'll be able to sell them with a sub 220# weight.....
    The rad looks to be a one piece design ala the older Husabergs. This bike could also have easily been made aircooled....
  8. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think the concept [assuming I understand the concept] is a great idea. Something a little less "extreme" for the masses that will get you anywhere you want to go [just not as quickly]. Add the plate to the equation and I think this is a really nice idea. Price point would be critical though -- how much would you pay for something to dink around on???? 5k? 6k? In my book this would be a fantastic bike if the price were low enough -- like $4k or so.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The last time I saw a $4K price tag on a KTM, I think Bush 1 was in the Whitehouse! :lol:
  10. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i'm confused by the description in the link. "really-really awesome, aimed at conquering any off-road terrain imaginable"... but not really because it's a low HP, non-extreme, non-enduro, play bike with a 350cc motor? hmmm [IMG]

looks really interesting. nice catch on the rad. would like to see more pics (but i ain't no pumpkin rider, hehee)
  11. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Just another gimmick to push fourstrokes.
    Isn't a 250SX 212 pounds.
    If they are going for lightweight why not put a (de-tuned) 300 two stroke in it?
  12. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Love it!

Instead of a wacky orange 4-stroke "light-weight" singletrack bike, how about something really innovative like:

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_bike/141_1108_2011_ossa_tr280i_riding_impression/index.html

Pic in Dirt Bike mag of BETA Trials with a long range kit added! How about a DI 2-stroke w/ a long range kit!

I'm hoping that DI 2-strokes are in the near future in the off-road world. A new "2-stroke revolution" would be priceless.
  13. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I might suggest the comparable market niche would be a Yamaha 250 wrx with a wheesl or rim swap. I just happened to be with a guy within a week that didn't need a hauler to go dirt bike riding. It appears to me that that 250 yamaha water cooled version in the dirt wheel or "supermoto" wheel sells out as Yamaha/Kawasaki dealers at least three of them this year have had none and tried to intrest me in the kawasaki version. It is tough to understand what a warranty really covers but the model I mention can be bumpet out to four years at least I understand. Using my comparable the above price point comparisons seem way low.

Fran
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you think maybe that that low HP number is taxable number EU style? Is that system still used or in effect in EU??
    I still think (IMHO) its a KTM conceptual specific rule breaker bike for EX and Ex enduros,,,,,,a regular dirtbike that is almost a trials bike,,,,,even though Katos EX man Taddy could win on just about any dirtbike out there in the ugly stuff. He said he acyually likes the 4t power better, but just that when mistakes are made its alot more difficult to deal with (read HEAVIER).
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If they put their 200 2t engine in that and got the weight to about 185 lbs they would really have something. If it's going to push 220 lbs why not just ride an enduro with a trials tire?
  16. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    There has been conjecture elsewhere that the horsepower number got distorted in the translation of units. I have seen on the ktm official site specifications for bore and stroke which only the inch version of one corresponds to the mm version.

As for your rule breaker theory, That frame concept and the name starts out in the electric motorcycle project. You can still have your theory just thought I might mention.

Fran
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    it will be interesting to see if this is a cheater enduro bike or a low cost trail bike. Could be a low cost trail bike made by their partners in India.
    GP
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    After reading the link again sounds like it will be a serious bike, half enduro, half trials. Maybe not a race bike, may not take the pounding and the motor is tuned for slow,tough terrain like trials. And it won't be cheap.
    GP
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  20. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, I am a little confused on this one too. It looks pretty cool and in many ways is a great concept. But it won't have a ton of unique performance. It isn't super light. It really has to be a 4k range price and I just can't see that happening. While the components are somewhat downgraded, they don't look inexpensive.

I am thinking it more of a Euro market concept. Wait until KTM tries stuffing dealerships full of those.