KTM throws the first punch of 2011.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Colo moto, May 18, 2010.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny, it looks like they are building an orange husky now. Linkage, similar frame design, the shape of the plastic and tank. Looks good but I'll stick with husky thanks :D
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
  4. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

that 150sx interests me...
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

stay away ... that Orange Girl is nothin but trouble :D
  6. RedRims Husqvarna
    A Class

They are beautiful!!!

I agree with Motorsportz.

I wonder if the Husabergs will get the same plastics for 2011 also?

I really want a 2011 FE570 but man,,,,the choice is getting harder and harder now with all the great new machines coming out. Decisions....decisions....
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I've got an '09 150 SX for sale... given KTM's financial situation, I'm sure it'll be the same except for bling... just like it's been since '07. :D
  8. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    What's their financial situation? I thought that they were doing pretty well.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    U gotta admit these guys are pumping hard on their brand ... And the 211 are already racing?

The 2011 KTM 350SXF will soak up the media limelight for the next model year. Mike Alessi will race the hybrid in the AMA 450 Nationals, starting this weekend at Hangtown ..

Why are they calling this bike a hybrid?
  10. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    Awesome!!!
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I agree is has many similarities to the new TC design..especially the plastic....and low and behold the rims are unpainted again ????? LOL

but I really think the new 350 design will change things for the future....at least for MX....reports indicate that the lap times are quick indeed..with riders reporting less effort and just the right amount of power...plus lighter and less gyro effect from smaller crank

time will tell
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you call losing 80M Euro last year doing pretty well, then they are doing great!
  13. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Very well said Troy. This bike could change motocross. Only time will tell. KTM and Husaberg are the trailblazers now for the future. Many of the others brands are waiting to see what happens.
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Yep. Great. :lol: :rolleyes: Yeah, they're doing so wonderful they even had to post a disclaimer for months on their website stating that some Indian company didn't have majority ownership... which may or may not be true... http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/2010/02/16/ktm-speaks-on-ownership-rumors/
  15. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Ouch...that's painful.
  16. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    All bike manufactures have been taking a --itkicking the past few years....all are reporting losses across the board.....

Except Husqvarna although sales have gone up ......its a good time to be small enough with lower operating costs to weather the storm...

Putting efforts into development is money well spent...
  17. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why doesnt the 150 have the gas tank lower? I notice the same thing for the wr125. I can understand that it is convienient to get to the spark plug...but it isn't that big of a deal to take out a few bolts in order to change a plug.
  18. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just read though the ktm350 suspension stuff - whoever wrote up that rambling rationalization of pds versus linkage (aka pro-lever) on 2 strokes is going to need years of couch time with a very good therapist....:popcorn:

;)

jeff
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, a salesman hard at work ... He sat in his little cubicle many an hour to dream that verbiage up :popcorn: And a new name for linkage! He might get a window seat someday ;)
  20. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 150xc has a nice big tank that sits low, it's even clear. I looked at one and all I could think is why can't Husky build this.

On the money KTM loss. Is that from motorcycle operations or from their attempt to build a sports car? That situation kind of reminds me of when Cannondale decided to expand from bicycles to motorcycles.