L.A.-Barstow to Vegas LAB2V 2013 30th Y E A R

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Desertyucca, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    LAB2V turned out to be great ride. My Son and I Enjoyed the entire 2 days of riding. The tracks were much shorter then last year & Not near as technical..... well, until we hit Frozen Ice in Red Rock :eek: Some studs or tire Chains would have been good! The previous weeks rain provided perfect riding conditions, near zero Dust :thumbsup: Sand was like soup and a blast to ride in! The endless rock wash's and Washed out trails almost caused a few diggers! Te511 ran great during the 600+ miles of riding in two weekends!

A few 449/511 and 310 on the trail. D37 Report over 60 Husqvarnas this year :D Any CH fans on the ride, Please share your photos and experience.

Few sneak peak Photos:
    Link for now.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/105926185939846057121/albums/5952488023911579297

Video of the river crossings weekend prior to LAB2Vegas.

jerbear610, Tinken and bigjon like this.
  2. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes the old Stroker Ace was there.. Rode day 2 With CA Stu ('08 610) and my neighbor ('06 610) and myself ('07 610) all three generations! Had a great ride, mixed up the hard and easy ways. Stu and I made it through Red Rock, but my neighbor had leg cramps real bad and took the highway into Vegas but he loved every minute of it. The 610's OWNED that ride man!!! They were flawless.

Attached Files:

jerbear610, bigjon and Desertyucca like this.
  4. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Top of Red Rock Cyn.

Attached Files:

5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

And a Hero's welcome...

Attached Files:

6. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great Photos! My Cameras & Phone were dead by Baker! Time for new Extra battery. Working on a new Video of our run up the river for day 2. We had one Te449 or 511 & Huskberg from Canada running up the river on day two with us. That was Blast!

After the endless flow of Rocky River Beads on the HD routes, a few close calls on the washed out trails (Suspension was a life saver), We hit Sandy Valley before 12:00PM. After Lunch we walked out and WOW! Gas line was backup for ever! Good thing we topped off at Whisky Petes! We took off to cruise the last two hard routes, to learn more Rock Wash's! Then a Frozen Red Rock :eek:

By Days end, we had a mission to make it past Red Rock. Ice Sucked, but did not take us long to make it past. Only 4 bikes in front of us. Back by final check point @ 3 PM. Time few a few hours in the Jacuzzi :D before the party! Bummer for Early birds to finish had no show girls :eek:Our Day Ended with lots of stories to talk about :thumbsup:
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I remember those bikes..... Did you stay at the California Inn in Barstow??? Stu and I made it through Red Rock and got to Vegas about 3:20pm.
  8. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    California Inn (Pre-Run Week) Days In on .... Parked in the back by the red truck. Looked as if you and Stu were not far behind us. Would have sweet to have a trail of Husky in a Photo @ Red Rock :thumbsup:

2 days of Tacks below, 145 Miles Day 1 and 230 Miles Day 2 and one sore :censored:
    I hope you remember those bikes in a good way :D

View of the Tracks Below. LAB2VTrack3.jpg
  9. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, cool man...... Pre-Run??? Did you have the "course" already or just up there checking things out.
  10. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hanging the colorful ribbons for the HD route in the Rain! :D I forgot how much fun it was to ride in the rain!
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Long Video Clip of Afton Canyon. Not to exciting. Riding in the soupy sand, water crossings and splashing my son 14:50 was fun :thumbsup: Most of the cameras were Dead by the time we reached the good stuff. :thinking:

13. Ron West Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NX250, & 2000 Africa Twin
    View of the Tracks Below. View attachment 34399 [/quote]

Looks like an amazing ride, nothing better than the desert after a rain! Hey does anyone have the GPS tracks of the ride they can send me for download. I would sure like to get a few friends together and follow the route, maybe over the Christmas break.
    Thanks!
    Ron