Lafferty to Husaberg!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    offroadchampions.com is reporting Mike Lafferty switching to Husaberg for '10. Most likely getting a little tense under the KTM tent at the National Enduros. Mike won the Battle at Indiana National Enduro today, but Bobbitt wins the war as National Champion. Mike gets to stay in KTM family as second cousin at Husaberg!:busted: I was hoping Mike would get his ninth Championship and Bobbitt would go to Husky!:cheers:
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike is going to ride the 390. A good fit for him, as he always prefered the KTM 400 over the 450.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not surprising. They have a great bike on their hands and need to exploit it.
  4. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It will still most likely be a Bobbitt/Lafferty battle again next year regardless of what bike they ride. Those two are incredibly close in speed. I will give it to Fahringer this year though, he has really been close a few times.
  5. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Why would you say things are "tense" at KTM. As Motosportz said, they probably want to get the Husaberg name out to the masses. They've spent a ton of money on Husaberg the last couple years.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    From DirtRider.com Russell Bobbitt interview.....

PP: What, if any, advantage does your teammate Mike Lafferty have over you?

RB: He's definitely got a lot of experience. When it gets to really... In certain situations he can kind of bulldog his way through some terrain a little bit better than I can, and he is a pretty talented rider in the rocks.

PP: What advantages do you have over him?

RB: I think my stand-up riding style leads to a more fluid ride, and I think my riding style's just a little bit less forceful and more tactical.

PP: How have you two gotten along all season?

RB: We get along fine. We don't maintain a really close relationship outside of the races, though. If it wasn't for how competitive the both of us are, we would be closer friends. But we're both going after the same title so it's always a little bit of... kinda grinding of the gears when it comes down to it.
  7. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

And that means....?
    I've read that interview before.
    You can't think that the riders on all the other teams are close friends.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You asked what "tense" meant.....

Mike and Russell are two great guys and great champions. This is the most elegant solution..... They get to ride for two brands in the KTM family, get to have a little distance, not being KTM team mates and Husaberg gets great promotion with Mike at the controls. Only question is, if Jack Sr. will be on a Husaberg next year?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    business wise this is brilliant move. fan wise this is a brilliant move. career wise this is great move for mike at this point in his long enduro career. looking forward to more brands up at the tip of the spear in US Enduro. my opinion and 2cents

the championship decided by 1 point, wow great stuff.
  10. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm sure many know their personalities are very different. It was incredibly obvious at The Alligator Nat'l Enduro last year. I was at a reset and ML came up with his entourage that rides on his row and they were rather boisterous and seemingly protective of ML. Bobbitt came up a few minutes later, by himself and very quiet for the entire 10 or so minutes we sat there.

It's funny their personalities translates perfectly to their riding style. When RB goes by he's smooth as silk and doesn't look like he going that fast. When ML goes by his 4stk is loud and he looks like he could plow through a brick wall. Both are amazing riders.
  11. DVXC Husqvarna
    A Class

Great for ML! He is a class act and a great guy judging from both the media and interviews I have seen. I hope he does well.
  12. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good sportsmanship. It has to be "tense" coming down to the wire like it did. To me this picture is as classy as it gets.

[IMG]