LAMC Run to the Border ride 13JUN2015 Tecate BC Mex.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Jun 15, 2015.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Great marked course clocked 60 miles at the finish, went on reserve at 45 came in with 60 and on fumes, was carrying a liter and wanted to go to dry almost went there. Always a good layout (LAMC typical) for a good cause ribboned and burned in trails connected with some dirt roads 99% on the north side of the "free" road. We did go through a couple of under paved road tunnels out at the eastern end of the loop . It was more hilly than I remember from the last time I rode there. Good stuff, private areas rarely ridden, no rangers, not many people, everyone going the same direction..not hot low 80s but yes it's dust season again, but with minimal numbers that were quickly spread out dust was never a factor.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    For some reason, (well I did feel one big time cactus hit near the beginning of the ride*), my arms are thoroughly hacked from this ride....I mean more than usual a scraped mess. I'm thinking because it was more flowy=fast and overgrown from limited use and lots of tight new stuff. Regardless of that I must have been slolom skiing that loop!!!

* post ride post shower, my woman pulled many small spines out of the leading edge of my shoulder and upper arm and I pulled 1/2 inch fat one from my forearm of a different species.