Langosig School ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, May 19, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This ride is along the top of the small mountain range that runs north and south on Cebu ... It divides the island pretty much ... Crossing this range here is one of the cool ways of crossing the island east to west or vise-versa and will not see any cement for a while I'd guess ... Lots of small interesting places to ride here ... Very isolated also but a few people are there in case you need help.

That red dot in the pic below is the location of the Langosig school house...grades 1-6 I think ... It's not 5 miles thru the snow to get there but off the top of that ridge line, it is about 1/2 kilometer distance out on that spur and about a 400' drop to the school ... Why is it there? I guess there is no other place for the school in the immediate AO ...

The map .... If you have used Google earth before, you recognize the bad tiles displayed here. Blues provided by the Trail Tech Voyager GPS ...
    Langosig_School_Location.jpg

The Bike ... My 08 TXC250 with new plastic shrouds on tank and new wavy front brake rotor. 14/51 gearing ...needs a 13T on front for these climbs but the Husky manages OK :) Two rides after this one and my cam bearings went belly up ....
    100_7597.JPG

I gotta add these couple pics also of guys farming here ... This was on across the mountain range but worthy of displaying here ... I was once a farmer in the usa...and we never had it like this. A path can be seen going up to the workers from the deep valley ... might be worth checking out some day .... 100_7612.JPG

100_7613.JPG

This is where I stopped right before I got to the school in the following video as I approached the school ... That wall on the left is almost vertical & waist high and to the far right, that corner is all gnarled out and not an easy climb coming back up ... I've been here before and did not wanna get hung on the wrong side and have a big fight getting back over this step-up..
    100_7627.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The school roofs here ... You can sort of see how steep the downhill is along the blue fence that leads into the school yard... All rock here so traction is not a problem ... Also, if you look directly above the roof (of the farthest building) at the mountain side across that valley, you'll see some other buildings ... That's another ride I do over that mountain range that's very cool ...
    100_7628.JPG

I parked just pass the school on out on the spur at the BARGY Hall and Child Care Center... The video below shows me walking on past here as the trail keeps goings ...
    100_7633.JPG

The view back west of another valley ...I'll have to check about a trail running along the top of this spur also the next time I'm over in the AO...
    100_7630.JPG

The trail back to the school from the BRGY Hall ...There is a small home in the trees on the left before you get to the school house...
    100_7635.JPG

Another Welcome sign ... You can see I barely have enough room to get all the names in the pic ...
    100_7631.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is rolling down trail on the spur heading down to the school ... I should add that this is a road down to the school ... Meaning it has had a dozer driven down the spur ... It's just got all gnarly due to a time passing and no dozer has been back ...

This is rolling through the school yard, parking at the BRGY Hall, and a short walk out on the spur ... ktm @:29 second mark ..this one wanted nothing to do with the Husky ...

The ride back up the spur, through the school yard and back onto the mountain top road and back south to a crossroad ... 2nd gear action going back out and a flyby at the 1:48 mark...

I really enjoy this place ...for many many different reasons ... :)
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    You were gettin' it along that hill top. Thank goodness you weren't on a ktm porker like that one you passed. You would have been late to dinner for sure. :)

That is some good dirt you have out there in the middle of the Pacific. :thumbsup:

'10 TC 250 in your sig. Is that making it's way out there to you?
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think that 30 FPS tends to speed the action up ... So maybe 25- 30mph was about tops there ... It is pretty remote in that AO so I feel pretty safe about not having a head-on ... So, If I go off the mountain, its all on me ... I really like blasting up a good uphill and these spurs off the top of ridge line are always gnarled out just about perfect for me ...

That ktmPorker had a good paint scheme (non-pumkin orange) and a good launching gear but he died before he got to second ... Put a fork in him and place him on the breakfast table :) ...

I did buy Kellys(MotoSportz) TC250 but it is still in the states ... I hope to get it over here some day to take some of the load off my O8 TXC250 ...