1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Large fuel tank 2012 CR125/144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MotoMarc36, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Is there a large-capacity fuel tank available for 2012 CR125/144? Preferably 3 gallons minimum?
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

IMS, 2.85gal. I love mine.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hall's Cycles has them instock
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    IMS makes one, I tried it but it didn't fit worth a crap. I could put the tank on, install the seat and then bolt the tank down. Couldn't remove the seat without removing the hold down bolt on the tank. I sent the tank back and am awaiting on a backordered WR tank. It is only 2.5g but it fits perfectly.
  5. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

It must be hit or miss,my IMS tank fit great on my 09wr125 and the seat also fits good.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Same here Dave. However, I have some buddies that had to do some modding to get it to fit. Mine fits like a glove, and seat is easily removable.
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I don't think the IMS fits the 2011+, without even more modification than the 2009 bikes. We tried putting the IMS on Ben's 2011 CR144 and there is an extra gusset on the frame that is not on our 2009's. I am not sure if they addressed this on the new tanks or not, the older tank would not fit though.

Later,
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My bike is a 2011 and I have had 2 tanks. IMS replaced the first one when a screw insert spun in the tank plastic.
  9. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have some fun and make your own...

Attached Files:

10. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thats interesting,good work,just make sure the tabs are strong.
  11. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    The oem tank on the 2012 WR125/144 is a 2.5 gallon capacity, correct?
  12. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks, The tabs are strong. Actually, the pics I posted are non-finished. I was just mounting it up to see what modifications I had to do to make it fit the Husky. The last bike that tank was mounted on was a 1998 YZ125. It was originally made for a 1995 YZ125 and was mounted/modified to fit 95, 96, 97, and 98 YZ, racing all the ECEA series events. Never once did I have a problem with it......thankfully... I just didn't like the larger tanks due to my riding style of trying to stay "on the tank" during the whole event.
  13. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yes.
  14. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    After posting the question, I decided to pull the tank off the bike and drain to check the capacity for myself....my 2012 WR125 takes only 2.25 gallons, NOT the 2.50 that Husky claims.
  15. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Thats good to know. I think I will run a acerbis front plate tank in conjunction with the WR tank. I'm disappointed in the IMS tank fitment.
  16. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Thanks guys for the replies. Looks like the IMS is the best/only option for near 3 gallons? We need to get a full hour out of it at wide-open throttle for an endurance 3hr roadrace-course icerace and anything less than 3 gallons will be tight..... The WR tank is just too small.

Is there a petcock that includes reserve? The laps are 6 miles long generally, and running out is not an option, reserve would give an early warning at least.

JustPlayin....that is very intriuging. Feel like making another one??!!! Pretty please???? lol JK. Kind of......
  17. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125

You don't mind the extra weight of fuel right on top of the forks?

I would rather carry a 30 oz MSR fuel bottle in my back pack (I actually do that).
  18. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I would only use it for certain races, that little weight wouldn't affect much. I made it 2hrs at our last race with the WR tank installed (Wilmington Powersports loaned me one off of the owners bike until mine comes in, talk about customer service!) and still have .5g at least. It was in the mountains so I was wringing it out, and was happy with the consumption rate finally. If/when I get into some GNCC's or other 3hr races I'll just pit.
  19. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    You made 2 hours on an oem WR tank? with .5 gal to spare? How many miles was the race?
  20. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I guess I should correct that, it was a 2hr race. I raced 1.6ish hrs almost 30 miles, I'll fill it up and double check the usage. The race prior was 9miles per lap and it used less than a gallon per lap. I know that because I decided to pit on the first lap to check usage.