1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc late 2009 plated wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by stockstandard, Jun 18, 2011.

1. stockstandard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey guys

just picked up one of these bad boys a few days ago.

it was advertised as a 2010 and it seems to be running 2010 gear (ie kyb forks), but its plated as a 2009. is this a common thing ? does anyone else have a machine with the same sort of setup? and did you purchase parts ( like exhaust ) to suit 2009 or 2010?

cheers

christian
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think is is the same bike.
  3. stockstandard Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was under the impression that the 2009 was using the 250 exhaust, and the 2010 had an exhaust specifically made for it. Is that correct?
  4. Boomer Husqvarna
    C Class

Yes, it's normal & it's it's how motorcycles are released. Year of manufacture is not necessarily the same as model year.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Honda had a huge class action suit against them in the seventies for rebadging the previous model year bikes. I know, I got a check for $50 for a CT70. If you ever notice, Honda's have that huge decal on the steering head with the DOM on it, that came from that lawsuit.
  6. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Dug this up on the 'net

"Sometime in 1973, I received a notification in the mail from an officer of the court notifying me that my VIN had been identified as being in the range covered by a class-action lawsuit against America Honda Motor Co for issuing incorrect Manufacturers Statement of Origin certificates. The notification explained that American Honda had requested the VINs of unsold 1971 motorcycles from their dealers and supplied those dealers with new Manufacturers Origin paperwork stating that the cycles were 1972 models. The court directed me to the lawfirm handling the class-action lawsuit and I joined the suit.

After a year or so, American Honda settled the lawsuit out of court, and I received some pithy amount ($60, if I recall correctly - something about "the difference in resale value between 71 and 72 models"), and that was the end of my involvement."
  7. stockstandard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Apparently these have the same forks as 03 - 05 KX250.....has anyone bought springs based on that info for their bike??
  8. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah.. it is pretty normal.. they must first unload the older plated ones before they move the new ones..you should always try to get a better deal on those ones... because when you go to sell it you will find that people will pick it and try to knock off cash. The 09 has marzcocchi and the 2010 has KYB..