1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Late Model Husky Rear Wheel Difference

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john25, Feb 21, 2012.

1. john25 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2006 CR125 that I need a rear wheel for because one of the sprocket mount tabs is broken off. I bought a very nice used what appeared to be an exact replacement complete wheel from another late model Husky. My CR125 sprocket & disc bolted right up, axle slid right in, and fit what appeared to be perfectly on the bike, except that when tightened up, the sprocket rubs so hard on the chain guide mounting tabs, the wheel barely turns. The sprocket is now out farther because the sprocket mounting tabs are thicker. I measured the two wheels mounting tabs, and the wheel I bought as a replacement has tabs that are approximately 0.20 inch thicker.
    I checked my 2005 TC250, and 2006 TC510 and the mounting tabs are the same as the replacement wheel I bought. It appears that the CR125 rear hubs sprocket mounting tabs are machined thinner than the bigger bikes. Anyway, now I'm looking to buy or trade this wheel for a good CR125 rear wheel. Found out the hard way! :banghead:
  2. CHEZ Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    If you delace the wheel its possible to have the mounting tabs turned down to match ur original wheel. should be easy for any machine shop. I have machined my own wheel hubs for supermoto applications a few times with no worries

While ur at it i would see about getting ur broken wheel repaired. Should be fit to build the material back up with some tig welding, then re-machine, and pitch the sprocket holes. Again a decent machine shop would be fit to handle this.