1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc leaking carb

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by franhoser, Sep 13, 2010.

1. franhoser Husqvarna
    A Class

i developed this problem recently. the carb is leaking at the overflow hose on the ground when the petcock is on or on res. does anyone know a quick solution before i start to tear apart the carb? the carb is a pwk on my wr250. it's only a couple of months old so I don't think it's a dirt issue.
  2. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

it could easily be a dirt issue if you ever took the tank off and weren't very careful where you set it. or it could just be the float level set a bit too high.

the fix is to take the carb off, take the float bowl off, remove the little float valve stopper and make sure it's not got dirt or scunge stuck in there, check the level and possibly set it a teensy hair lower if it's too high. it sounds more complicated than it is. If you haven't done it before and you can find someone experienced nearby to supervise you in exchange for a 6-pack of decent beer, that would be a good idea.
  3. franhoser Husqvarna
    A Class

yeah it took it off and cleaned it all out. and i also set the float lower too while i had it apart. seems to be fine, holding fuel.

fire up the bike tommorrow and see how it went. don't want to wake up the neighbours.