Lectron carb on Tim's GG250...

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So Tim Troffer from this site got a Lectron for his GG250 from me a few weeks ago. He had put about $200 into the stock carb, was running good but was inconsistent (seems to be a GG thing for some reason) and he wanted to try the Lectron after all the raving. he slapped it on and ran it around the neighborhood as it has a plate. He called all raving about the power and smoothness we are all liking in these carbs. Well I just got off the phone with him and he got to get out for a couple of real rides on it and was freaking raving about it. Says it runs WAY better than every makes WAY more power everywhere, is a rocket on top where before it signed off. He was going on and on which is awesome. Was riding some high dez at 4000. He set it up at about 50 feet. Said all he needed to do was turn the idle in a little. Said he had ridden this same place with a same friend with eh CRF450 and could not hang with him before on top. Now with just changing to the Lectron he was walking away from the CRF450 and was stunned. And this is with the 36mm from a bored out 39mm!!! Like everyone else he loves the throttle response, lugging power, and top end endless scream. On top of all this better running and much improved performance he said it used WAY less gas. He is thinking 20-25% better. Says when he first got the 250 he was a little disappointed in the performance and wished he had got the 300. Now with the Lectron he said it is exactly what he was looking for and the bike rips a hole everywhere and has no desire for the 300. It is that good.

I have some more rides on my 165 and echo all these same things. Runs perfect every single time, never loads up, amazing throttle response, ridiculous top end, better mileage.

Tim Walt and I agree, will not be owning bikes without a Lectron on it anymore. There is just to much performance and EZ of ownership in these.
    Radbuster, huskybear, MattR and 6 others like this.
  2. Rick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 GasGas EC 200 , 05 YZ 125
    I have a Lectron on order from Kevin for my 05 YZ125. I have rode with Celtic Dude and raced with him a few weeks back....His WR rips! I have stayed up on the gossip, followed the treads both here and other fourms, and it seems like the best bang for the buck!

I should have my carb later this week, had to send it back to Kevin, it was too long to be shoehorned into that little space. Kevin is sending me out the smaller 36mm version to replace my little 38mm TMx....like 70mm tiny!

Lesson learned, measure your old carb before you order, I was not aware that he had a smaller version of his Lectron 36mm

The Husky's seem to have plenty of space between the reed cage and filter boot.

If this jewel works like everyone says it does......I will order another for my GasGas EC 200!

Thanks
    MattR, Motosportz and 454x like this.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Is the 36 mm Kevin sending you the same length as the Mikuni your taking out? When I ordered mine the only measurements asked for were, for th o.d. of the reed side and airbox side.More info please.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Oh and BTW your gonna love what it does on a 125 motor.Put one my wifes 2012 cr125 and pulls my fat arse around like nothing.You'll have way more bottom.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 165 gain way more top too.
  6. Rick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, it will be the same length or very, very close according to Kevin. Kevin stated that he has another version of the his 36mm which is shorter, meaning from reed side to airbox. My carb is like 70mm or 3.5 inch (I think), his standard 36 is one inch longer. There was NO way that was going to fit, the short carb is already a very snug fit. According to Kevin, he machines off the intake side (shorter) and the airbox side (shorter) to reduce the overall length. Again, he stated no performance is lost, just a shorter version on the carb. We'll see once I get it back.
  7. Rick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am jazzed up, can't wait. I have been working on getting the TMX dailed in, finally got it sorted out right before the PCGP, it is 100% better than when I got it. If the Lectron is better than the TMX in all fashions, this thing is going to be so much fun to ride! With the Posey motor mods and Lectron carb.....:)
    454x likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many