1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lectron Carb

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by braddenning, May 6, 2013.

1. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    So after all the Raving Ive read here i got my lectron carb the other day, starts ok cold and idles nice , haven't hit the trails yet but just effing around here i don't feel any difference over the Keihin,but why wouldn't they have a fuel bowl drain??? ( just that item right there has it half in the trash)im not expecting any spectacular difference but ill post after a day of serious trail ridng
  2. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    You didn't mention the altitude compensation or the one knob adjustment.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did you adjust the metering rod and tune it for your bike? After reading many post it seems most had to adjust it a little for best results. Give it a little time and see how it feels when you get in a good ride before trashing it. If you did adjust/tune it in and still don't like it, I'll give you $200.00 to keep it out of the trash can :D. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
    K.Forte' and Xcuvator like this.
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    you got a deal, ill let you know in a week or so
  5. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Pull the hose for the power jet off the float bowl and its drained.
    Motosportz, 454x and jmetteer like this.
  6. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I thought the same thing first ride (same as before) but after getting back from 2 hour fast trail ride with lots of big hills there was lots of spoog out tail pipe so I lean out needle half a turn. What a difference bike sound crisper right away and it had great throttle response and after 2 more days of riding just a little spoog out silencer. I might go another 1/4 turn leaner on needle and try it again tommoro. The plug looks the best tan color I have ever seen and I have not touched top end needle yet. I have heard that you can not damage motor buy leaning out needle bike will just start to not run right. I am sure it will works out for you once adjusted.
    Motosportz likes this.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The top end power jet circuit overlaps in the mid more than I thought it would. You might want to set the top end before you go more on the needle. I had my needle close but smooth (maybe a fuzz rich) I leaned out the top power jet circuit 1/4 turn and now it rips from 1/2 throttle on up.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Interesting, where are you on the power jet? +- 1 turn?
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey you guys leave that man alone...I want a $200.00 Lectron :D......jk
    454x likes this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Yes it's at 1 turn. Remember it's a 38mm on a 250 so your results may vary on a 36mm.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Like Pedec says, ride it, see where you are and most likely lean it some til you get the performance you need. As for a float bowl drain you can pull the PJ hose and rain it but I have never had the need and it has no jets in there. There is nothing in there but floats so really the only draining needed would be for storage. Buddy Jake said the same thing for the first ride, tweaked it a little and likes it. Talked to him the other day, asked what he thought of the carb now, LOVES it. A ride across the yard is not enough to make an evaluation. we are here to help. I think in the end you will like it. If not call John :)
    john01 likes this.
  12. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes looking at it i see there is no jet to be changed in the fuel bowl, i plan on giving the carb a hard day riding as soon as the weather here clears up, Thanks
  13. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    I had mixed emotions on the Lectron (mainly from fitment). I set the top end needle first, then did some trail testing and only adjusted mine a 1/2 turn leaner on the low end. VERY minimal exhaust goo, and the bike has a more usable power throughout the RPM's. It made my 300 so much more capable in a wide veriety of terrain/ trail changes!
    454x, Motosportz and lankydoug like this.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    What did your top end power jet end up at? I'm just curious, mine is at 1 turn.
  15. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well just got back from rocking this Lectron.........................Ehh, ,no significant improvement over my well tuned Keihin, maybe over the Mikuni but not the PWK! Matter of fact it performs exactly the same as the PWK, I count not tell the difference ! Great carb but not better (maybe as good) then the Keihin! i wouldn't suggest trading out your Keihin for a Lectron. AHHHH mothers days Sunday , i can make a swell planter of it it and wrap it up
    Dirtdame and Glenn haynes like this.
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

What size Lectron did you get? Depending on size if John doesn't take it I can find a home for it.
  17. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Yeah.. Like my home!
    wallybean likes this.
  18. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Think its a 36, got it from motosportz
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    If I were you , I'd spend a little more time with it.:)

BTW, I'd take it off your hands too......
    K.Forte' likes this.
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well my buddy needs a 38 for his 250 so you have other takers. I'll just get another one from Kelly.